Dish announces price increase

nmfiredawg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2007
Well I got a letter in the mail today that effective February 1st Dish is increasing there rates. Well I see that today is the 24th and my last bill already showed it.

So why did they finally send out a letter saying hey customer here is an increase, oh and by the way we already did it.

Just a little behind the times.

We talked about that a long time ago. Dish almost always has an increase in Feb. and they almost always never say anything until it happens. Also mine never increased because I am on the DIsh Advantage pack :D. But I'm sure I will get hit double next year :(.

I think his point was why is dish finally send out info on the price increase after he got his first increased bill.. my guess is the complaints started coming in, so this is a reactive fix rather than a proactive fix..

I think his point was why is dish finally send out info on the price increase after he got his first increased bill.. my guess is the complaints started coming in, so this is a reactive fix rather than a proactive fix..

Yeah that is the point. We have been talking about this since Jan on this forum. Now Dish decides to send out a letter. How lame.

Its like 3 dllrs aprox. Direct tv also is having an increase, so is cable.

Dish doesnt make money when it comes to price increase... on the contrary.. they lose alot of customers. I was there in one of their price increases. So many discos. Its around 3%.

They usually try to lock the price for 2 years but the programmers.. sheesh.. no one can keep the programmers happy... they just want more and more... :S

I guess you can look at it like gas prices, price of milk? things like that.

Alot of people think they are raising prices to make themselves rich.. i doubt it..

I hate price increases tho!

How long before a 100 channel package is $100.00/month?? I remember when cable was $15.00/month (including Tax, boxes etc) in the 1980's. I hope TV service doesn't become a thing for only the rich.

it soon could be while only the middle class can afford to have basic local channels just to stay upto date in the world

Cost of gas goes up, cost of groceries goes up, cost of going to the movies goes up, cost of going to a sporting event goes up, cost of your kids going to public school goes up, cost of your electric bill goes up, cost of buying a car goes up...Why shouldn't the cost of your pay tv go up too?

Cost of gas goes up, cost of groceries goes up, cost of going to the movies goes up, cost of going to a sporting event goes up, cost of your kids going to public school goes up, cost of your electric bill goes up, cost of buying a car goes up...Why shouldn't the cost of your pay tv go up too?
While I certainly understand prices increase over time, the difference here is that most consumers are forced to pay for a bunch of channels they don’t want. So shoot me, I broached the subject of a la cart!

If the grocery store charged you for sour cream, when all you wanted was milk and eggs, people would go nuts. Some would say, but I love sour cream and it should be included in the base price. The grocery store could point out that the manufacturers and distributors of sour cream are the same ones as for milk and eggs, so they’re required to sell sour cream with milk and eggs. Nothing they can do.

And, if you go way back, the original selling point of cable was.. NO ADS... and $12 a month seemed pretty good.........................watching the fight Saturday night on HBO, I kept expecting a commercial to come popping in....and anyone every timed the commercials on any of the wrestling shows...yikes!

And, if you go way back, the original selling point of cable was.. NO ADS... and $12 a month seemed pretty good.........................watching the fight Saturday night on HBO, I kept expecting a commercial to come popping in....and anyone every timed the commercials on any of the wrestling shows...yikes!

Yep. It is about to be repeated with satellite radio.

Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but things today are generally much much cheaper than they were. Clothing is one example. New jeans and shirts used to be very expensive and now you can buy them without a second thought at places like Wal Mart. $15 in 1985 had the same purchasing power as $30 does today.

The cost of programming should go up over time, but the problem is that the costs are rising several times faster than the inflation rate. I would imagine that the average person's TV spending as a % of their income has risen significantly over the past 10 years.

To bad the cost increase was not "soon" instead of a firm date.
Well at least they made an announcement of something. :mad:
glad I am in the middle of going to D.

Enjoy the $30 alone HD package while you can because it is not going to last. Now that a winner has been declared ( Blu Ray) more people are going to be entering the world of HD. HDtv prices are going down and the Sony playstation is now a bargain. I give it no more than 5 yrs before the HD alone package doubles in price. I say this in the assumption that people will give up SD programming and go HD.

What a shame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)