dish antenna re-point

brose1958

Original poster
Feb 28, 2010
Bainbridge, GA
Received a post card from Dish in the mail today. Telling me to call customer service. My dish antenna needs to be repointed because some programming is moving to a newer satellite. Called tech support and the person had no idea of what I was talking about...

Anyone else get this postcard or have any info about it?

Thanks in advance...Brad with Vip211K receiver on western arc 110, 119, 129 sats and top 120 Package

Received a post card from Dish in the mail today. Telling me to call customer service. My dish antenna needs to be repointed because some programming is moving to a newer satellite. Called tech support and the person had no idea of what I was talking about...

Anyone else get this postcard or have any info about it?

Thanks in advance...Brad with Vip211K receiver on western arc 110, 119, 129 sats and top 120 Package
Your locals could soon be eastern arc only. That's all I can think.

Your locals are possibly being migrated to Eastern Arc, which is why you received this post card. Please send me a PM with your account or phone number and 4 digit security code!

It was stupid of them for putting locals on 2 satellites to begin with and for them to now try to figure out who is pointed where and to schedule a repoint.
Likely they were only on WA before, and has been in the process of migration. There are many DMA's like that, not to mention the change a few years ago from International being on 118.7 and 61.5 only, when they moved it to 118.7 only, they started moving a lot of the locals to 61.5 for future bandwidth allocation. Made perfect sense for me. Not to mention it gives customers a few years to get caught up, rather then just do them all at once. Change their dish during any service call or programming change, lowers the numbers of "Oh crap we have to do it now"

It was stupid of them for putting locals on 2 satellites to begin with and for them to now try to figure out who is pointed where and to schedule a repoint.
Hmmm. From an installation and completion rate standpoint, the locals on both arc was brilliant.
I can see mega problems if the locals here in the Charlotte DMA are removed from one of the arcs.
There is a lot of old growth tree canopy especially in the city of Charlotte which would prevent one arc or the other from being installed.
If there is a migration, many customers will be lost....I wonder if there is a migration and in doing so a customer due to obstructions can no longer receive certain signals if they cancel Dish will forgive any applicable ETF..

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)