Dish Anwhere Problem

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Was on vacation 2 weeks ago. Was able to connect to one of my Hoppers via DA but not the one connected direectly to my router. Now I can't get video from either. When I load DA, I can see a list of "My Recordings" but if I try to watch anything, live or recorded I get a message that the receiver appears to be off line. I've checked the network connections and the show up as OK. Any ideas.

Happened to me, too. In my case, the Sling Adapter wasn't plugged in all the way.

Happens to me all the time. According to a conversation I had with Dirt, it is an app problem. I do not agree with that, but that is what they claim. My problems are very inconsistent.

Does the Hopper with Sling have to be left on to get Disanywere to work? Can you also see the EHDs connected to it?

Does the Hopper with Sling have to be left on to get Disanywere to work? Can you also see the EHDs connected to it?

Hopper does not need to be left on. You cannot see the EHD. Also you do not get the virtual 40.0 remote control, access to the OTA channels, and no access to the Adult channels. Also remote viewing and Hopper at home cannot sync together while watching a recorded program. I have my old Slingbox Pro connected back up to one of my Hoppers so I can have all these features.

The red light on one of my slings is on(Hopper connected to router via ethernet). One in my living room, red light is out and doesn't want to come on. Even after unplugging and plugging the usb cable back in. I'll check tomorrow. I'm recording on that dvr.
Wondering if the HWS will be more reliable.

The red light on one of my slings is on(Hopper connected to router via ethernet). One in my living room, red light is out and doesn't want to come on. Even after unplugging and plugging the usb cable back in. I'll check tomorrow. I'm recording on that dvr.

If you connect the non working sling adapter to the hopper you know powers up the other sling, does the non working sling adapter light up? What is the sling firmware on the non working box?

Last edited:

I would check it the way Lucky mentioned just to double check that it is the sling adapter having the problem and not the receiver itself. If it is not recognized on the second Hopper, send me a PM with the phone number on the account and I can assist you on correcting that.

Hopper does not need to be left on. You cannot see the EHD. Also you do not get the virtual 40.0 remote control, access to the OTA channels, and no access to the Adult channels. Also remote viewing and Hopper at home cannot sync together while watching a recorded program. I have my old Slingbox Pro connected back up to one of my Hoppers so I can have all these features.

Can you connect an old slingbox to a HWS? How do you select between the two?

Can you connect an old slingbox to a HWS? How do you select between the two?

Just install your old or new Slingbox to your Hopper the normal way it is suppose to be installed. When you click on the Directory drop down menu in the web based Slingplayer program select your old or new Slingbox. You will also see listed in the Slingplayer Directory all your Hoppers with Sling. But no need selecting any of them because Dish TV deactivated the Hoppers with Sling to work with the web Slingplayer. To view the Hoppers with Sling you can use the dishanywhere.com web site. When you use dishanywhere.com it will only show your Hopper with Slings. Will not show your old or new Slingbox that is attached to one of your Hoppers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts