Dish Anywhere after new H3

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Got my 2 HWS replaced with a H3 and Joey. Restored my times from 1 HWS to the new H3, then manually added the times from the other HWS. On Dish Anywhere most of my timers are missing. This affects both restored timers and manually added timers. Also, tried to create a timer on Dish Anywhere just now and it failed. Unsure if the 2 issues are related.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Mitch

If you just got the H3 in the last day or two, give it a few days to catch up on DA. Also, make sure that you have the correct Hopper selected in the lower left corner of your DA window.

Got the H3 1 month ago. I only have 1 H3, so nothing to select. Thanks, Mitch
Actually, there might be something to select. Check to see what your receiver number is, it will start with an R. Now, look at the bottom of your DishAnywhere window and you should see a green light. Is the number next to that green light the same as your receiver? If not, hover over the number that you see and you might well see another number appear right above it. That number may well be your H3s number. If so, click on it and you will connect to it. The reason I bring this up is that I have two numbers myself, one for my H3 and another for the H2000 that it replaced.

Reactions: HipKat
Actually, there might be something to select. Check to see what your receiver number is, it will start with an R. Now, look at the bottom of your DishAnywhere window and you should see a green light. Is the number next to that green light the same as your receiver? If not, hover over the number that you see and you might well see another number appear right above it. That number may well be your H3s number. If so, click on it and you will connect to it. The reason I bring this up is that I have two numbers myself, one for my H3 and another for the H2000 that it replaced.

There is only the current H3 listed at the green light.

I think the difficulty setting the recording was unrelated. I tried to set it at home last night on the H3. However the guide did not yet have the show (premieres June 7). It was listed on DA guide though. DA guide apparently goes out further than the Hopper guide.

Mitch

There is only the current H3 listed at the green light.

I think the difficulty setting the recording was unrelated. I tried to set it at home last night on the H3. However the guide did not yet have the show (premieres June 7). It was listed on DA guide though. DA guide apparently goes out further than the Hopper guide.

Mitch
Yeah that seems to be the answer. It is the Hopper that sets the recording and if the program isn't in the guide it can't set the recording.

Still don't understand the missing timers.
Dish Anywhere has NEVER listed all of the timers on my Hopper 3. Currently DA is listing 16 out of 36 timers. I’ve asked about this before and was told that DA only lists recently used/skipped timers. Which I consider a glaring BUG. But apparently Dish thinks not listing all of your timers is just dandy.

Reactions: HipKat
DA will not list timers that are further out than the receiver schedule. That's just how it is....

When I had my HWS all timers were listed on DA.

Dish Anywhere has NEVER listed all of the timers on my Hopper 3. Currently DA is listing 16 out of 36 timers. I’ve asked about this before and was told that DA only lists recently used/skipped timers. Which I consider a glaring BUG. But apparently Dish thinks not listing all of your timers is just dandy.

did you have a previous version hopper and were your timers listed then?

...did you have a previous version hopper and were your timers listed then?
No. I replaced an aging ViP622 with the Hopper 3 a little over a year ago.

FWIW I find DA nearly useless for managing timers. DA frequently fails to set a timer but not explain why (e.g. when the program had been recorded previously). And you have to check the "priority" to see that some timers have not been included in the list. It would be nice if DA had an option to include ALL timers.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)