Dish Anywhere - Android

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Dish Anywhere on my Android phone worked OK. Hopper receiver became "ill" and was replaced. Now the phone displays "receiver appears to not be online." Not correct. Checking the receiver by pressing menu twice shows the receiver CA ID number. Checking the settings on the phone shows the same ID number for the receiver. Back to the receiver network setup it shows network connection is "OK." Ethernet IP address is listed. Everything is OK. Tried the unplug of everything without any change. Still states the receiver is not connected to internet. Checked the Netgear router and it shows the Hopper as connected to the network and the internet.
Ideas on what to try next?

Last edited:
Try dishanywhere.com on a PC or on a web browser on your phone. Does it show offline there as well?
Yes, it does state it is offline. But, everything at the receiver shows differently. Network connection: OK
Network details:
Connection type: Ethernet top
DHCP acquired: OK
Server connection: OK
Internet connection: OK
IP address: 192.168.X.XX < actual numbers are there.
Primary DNS: correct numbers are there
MAC address: correct
Subnet Mask: correct
Secondary DNS: correct
TX and RX packets: constantly changing. If not connected, they should not be changing.
Router shows connection to the internet.
This just does not add up. Makes no sense it is not working.

OK, working now.
Seems odd to me that something electronic that moves faster than anyone can begin to think, takes days to work. Oh, well, working now so all OK.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts