Dish Anywhere app no longer supports Galaxy Tab 7?

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
I upgraded my other devices to the new Dish Anywhere app from the old version of DRA. They all work great, with the exception of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7. The Google Play Store says that the new version is not compatible with the Galaxy Tab 7, even though the old one worked fine. Is this a glitch, or is Dish deliberately dropping support for some Android devices?

Try side loading it..... Some times the back door works well with android...email, or put the apk file on a usb memory stick and download it that way!

AZ is right. I've side-loaded a handful of apps that the Play Store said wasn't compatible with my Note 10.1 or S3. They all work fine. I'm sure it'll be the same for you. I got the apk's from the other device, or on rare occasions, an Android forum, and transferred them via BT, wi-fi, or email.

No. Its running Gingerbread. Its not rooted. I'm using it as wifi only even though it's a sprint CDMA capable device.
Garypen, I'll probably end up side loading it. What's the best way to extract an apk from another device,like my Nexus 7?

No. Its running Gingerbread. Its not rooted. I'm using it as wifi only even though it's a sprint CDMA capable device.
Garypen, I'll probably end up side loading it. What's the best way to extract an apk from another device,like my Nexus 7?

I don't know the best way for your galaxy,but I would think esexplorer would work to make backups of your apks.

I have the Galaxy Tab 7 and originally got the "won't work" message too. I had to do a reset on the unit anyway, so I did and surprise, the galaxy Tab 7 took the software from the app/play store just fine. I have the last factory firmware on the unit, so nothing special.

Well, they must have fixed it, because it allowed me to download it. One odd thing, it seems to be running in small screen format. Not taking up the full screen.

That's because gingerbread does not support Android's tablet UI.

You need at least 3.0 or higher.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)