Dish Anywhere app with Apple lightning to HDMI adapter.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I inquired about this here over a year ago, and not get real solid answer. So, anyone have this (for the iphone 5 and above) and will will it play nice with Dishanywhere/decent quality on TV? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have used the Apple Lightening adapter with my IPhone 6 and my IPad with Dish Anywhere and it works very well. I just retested it just now to verify that it still works well. I have Sony smart tv's and it works well. My sister has a cheap generic tv and her tv did not work with the lightening adapter. I think the problem was with her HDMI port because her tv would not even mirror my phone. I hope this helps.

Yes, it certainly does, Thank You! We're going to be going to FL for a couple or three weeks and I get tired of watching all my recordings on an Ipad. I just wish apple used thunderbolt in the phones, instead. MUCH cheaper adapter.

Well, due to insanely fast Amazon Prime shipping, received the adapter at 8:30 am!

Held my breath and hooked it up...and Dish Anywhere is there. Picture perfect! Just have to get a little used to a couple of little things controlling the app when hooked to an external display. Very pleased.

Reactions: papachops
But trying to play recordings you have TRANSFERRED to the iPad will not display on a TV.

Well, due to insanely fast Amazon Prime shipping, received the adapter at 8:30 am!

Held my breath and hooked it up...and Dish Anywhere is there. Picture perfect! Just have to get a little used to a couple of little things controlling the app when hooked to an external display. Very pleased.
Can I ask which one you got at Amazon?

Thank you! I'm on the fence, I really wouldn't get much use out of it and the price is a little up there.
I use the Amazon/Chase credit card for nearly all my expenses. Cost ME $11.29.:D

For those who might be interest, this little sucker was worth every penny. Going on three weeks away from home. Have caught up up most all recordings, and watch at least a half hour of (our) local news every night. But more than it, gotta love Dish Anywhere!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts