Dish Anywhere.com Beta

It may look nice, but it doesn't work for me. I get a "Can't connect to your DVR" error. Plus, the suggestion to unplug the DVR and router for 10 seconds is worthless when you are "anywhere" but home. I've tried to connect several times over the last couple of days with no luck, so I guess I'm SOL for the rest of my trip. Didn't have any problems connecting with dishonline.

dishanywhere.com is a lot slower than the android version. My phone connects at 1568Kbps and the online version is only 48Kbps and the video is very choppy and unwatchable. That's with the phone using the same WiFi that my laptop was using. Might have to do more checks when I get home tonight.

It may look nice, but it doesn't work for me. I get a "Can't connect to your DVR" error. Plus, the suggestion to unplug the DVR and router for 10 seconds is worthless when you are "anywhere" but home. I've tried to connect several times over the last couple of days with no luck, so I guess I'm SOL for the rest of my trip. Didn't have any problems connecting with dishonline.

You can still use Dish Online if you Dish Anywhere isn't working. And you can reboot via dish online if needed.

dishanywhere.com is a lot slower than the android version. My phone connects at 1568Kbps and the online version is only 48Kbps and the video is very choppy and unwatchable. That's with the phone using the same WiFi that my laptop was using. Might have to do more checks when I get home tonight.

Maybe it's the laptops connection. Try running a speed test on the PC and phone. I just tested dish anywhere using Chrome and everything plays fine for me.

I use www.speedtest.net and the speedtest.net app on my phone.

Hey lucky86. Any idea if they are going to fix the resume function? It shows time left on partially watched recordings, but always starts at the beginning.

I just tried the new dishanywhere site and it is pretty cool! It works very well for me except that the volume is stuck at maximum and there is no way to adjust it. I tried dragging the mouse over the volume indicator, but the volume stays at max.

I just tried the new dishanywhere site and it is pretty cool! It works very well for me except that the volume is stuck at maximum and there is no way to adjust it. I tried dragging the mouse over the volume indicator, but the volume stays at max.

Does refreshing the page or logging out and back in help? What browser are you using?

You can still use Dish Online if you Dish Anywhere isn't working. And you can reboot via dish online if needed.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't connect with dish online now, either. Other than the "reconnect" button, I don't see how to reboot via dish online. I've got a vip722k with a sling adapter.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't connect with dish online now, either. Other than the "reconnect" button, I don't see how to reboot via dish online. I've got a vip722k with a sling adapter.

If the receiver is having a connection issue then the reboot button may not be there. No connection = no reboot button. Be sure you are looking for it in the right place, My Account option at the top center of the page. Then choose receivers and hopefully the button is there for you.

If the receiver is having a connection issue then the reboot button may not be there. No connection = no reboot button. Be sure you are looking for it in the right place, My Account option at the top center of the page. Then choose receivers and hopefully the button is there for you.

Checked My account and the reboot button is greyed out. Oh well, it was nice for the few days that it worked.

Checked My account and the reboot button is greyed out. Oh well, it was nice for the few days that it worked.

Reboot when you get home and it should work again. You may want to test it at home after rebooting. I would reboot and verify it shows connected on either website. Then I would leave it for the night and log in the next morning and see if it still shows connected on the websites. If not, it sounds like the connection is dropping after the nightly update/reboot.

Dishanywhere site is not working for me either tells me i need to connect my sling but dishonline site works so i dont know whats wrong guess im stuck with using Dishonline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)