Dish Anywhere/DVR...7 Hrs. Late

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Just got email announcing Dish Anywhere, which now includes remote access. When I logged in and went to DVR daily schedule, all recordings show 7 hours late. IE, Fringe...tonight, starting at 7:59 shows in remote access as starting 2:59AM (tomorrow). I am completely new to remote access since I was never connected until I got the Hopper. This is a strange beginning. Is there some time adjustment somewhere? Also, no guide of any kind will load. Is this just a continuation of all the remote access woes I've seen reported before?

Last edited:
Just got email announcing Dish Anywhere, which now includes remote access. When I logged in and went to DVR daily schedule, all recordings show 7 hours late. IE, Fringe...tonight, starting at 7:59 shows in remote access as starting 2:59AM (tomorrow). I am completely new to remote access since I was never connected until I got the Hopper. This is a strange beginning. Is there some time adjustment somewhere? Also, no guide of any kind will load. Is this just a continuation of all the remote access woes I've seen reported before?

Try refreshing the guide and browser. Try another web browser and lastly try rebooting the receiver.

At least you guys are able to connect. When I log on it puts up a screen saying it is connecting to my receiver. After about a minute the message goes away and the log in screen comes back. I have tried several times with the same result. It's too bad. I got all excited when I got the Dish Anywhere email. Ever since Dish Online replaced the prior software I have been unable to set timers or delete recordings remotely. It looks like I still can't. My Hopper is connected to the Internet with a very stable hardwired connection. Dish Anywhere should have no trouble communicating with it. But it can't.

At least you guys are able to connect. When I log on it puts up a screen saying it is connecting to my receiver. After about a minute the message goes away and the log in screen comes back. I have tried several times with the same result. It's too bad. I got all excited when I got the Dish Anywhere email. Ever since Dish Online replaced the prior software I have been unable to set timers or delete recordings remotely. It looks like I still can't. My Hopper is connected to the Internet with a very stable hardwired connection. Dish Anywhere should have no trouble communicating with it. But it can't.

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the app?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)