Dish Anywhere Fire TV Stick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
But you are paying another $15.00 a month for that second stream. I want multiple streams for one hopper , especially since it does 16 tuners at one time. What is the chance you will ever use all 16 tuners anyway?

I know that SLING tv is doing something like this now so they can get more people to their service. Sling Orange you get one stream at a time. Sling Blue you get three streams at a time.

DISH could do this for their satellite customers if they really wanted to. It would mean we could use Amazon Fire sticks on extra tvs and pay nothing a month and still all use the same service. Great step to eliminate the additional receiver fees that are so high anyway.

Dish likely limited the number of streams due to the upload speed requirements. As Scott said the quality may not be there for everyone. If a single Hopper is uploading more than one stream the quality will be pretty bad depending on your upload capacity. I have 100 Mbps down and 10 up, so even with a pretty decent plan splitting that into two makes it only decent speeds.

Dish likely limited the number of streams due to the upload speed requirements. As Scott said the quality may not be there for everyone. If a single Hopper is uploading more than one stream the quality will be pretty bad depending on your upload capacity. I have 100 Mbps down and 10 up, so even with a pretty decent plan splitting that into two makes it only decent speeds.

Right, but when using the fireTV, are you really using the internet or is that video simply streaming locally on the LAN? I understand if your using dish anywhere on a Phone remotely, but maybe open up that limitation when using it on the home network on a firetv. That probably won't happen because they rather us pay per month on a Joey. 1 hopper and 3 Joeys looks better to them than 1 Hopper and 3 firetv's. Just my 2 cents. With that being said, using a FireTv in an office at home and it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The agreement with programmers is no more than one stream from a Hopper with Sling or Hopper 3 at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well they obviously have a different deal for their Sling Tv customers. Too bad for the satellite subs.

I can see that being a concern for the networks when viewing remotely... they don't want PW sharing. However, I don't see why providers care how the video is distributed within the home... as long as it's not being viewed remotely. Spectrum has a Roku app that can be used as a cable receiver but it can only be used if it's within your home network. It makes sure by checking the IP address of the Roku to make sure you're at home and not at a.. let's say.. friends house. I relate the firetv app to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Just ordered my Hopper upgrade h1 to h3. Ordered a Fire stick from Amazon, and cancelled my 2nd Joey. Couldn't stand how slow the software upgrade is on the h1, unbearable! They must not be too busy, tech coming out today!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Has anyone figured out how network traffic is used when the application is used from home?

Does network traffic stay inside the internal Network or does it go out and come back?

Only asking because my AT&T Fiber internet has a monthly cap.

BTW:. The app works beautifully on my Gen 1 Fire Stick. Ordering a second Fire TV (Gen 1 Full Size version) and returning both of my Joey's. Will save $14/mo doing this.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I guess I can look on my modem/router for inbound/outbound network traffic while streaming a show on the app. Will try to do that tonight.

Dumb question but HOW do you find this app. I've been messing with my firetv stick all morning and still haven't found it.

Never mind. I guess I needed to do more than one software update to get up to date.

Last edited:
Dumb question but HOW do you find this app. I've been messing with my firetv stick all morning and still haven't found it.

Starting from the home screen go to the search magnifying glass in the upper left corner, then just type in "dish" it comes right back with the result.

Bump: did you ever do this? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

Also depends on the version of FireStick you have. My version 1 Firestick does well but has some significant lag using Dish Anywhere and sometimes it won't even launch it and I have to do it twice. The latest Firestick, more memory, faster CPU, launches AW just fine and it is very snappy with no lags and no buffering.

Reactions: ncted and Almighty1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)