Dish Anywhere no longer works...

Kirk1233

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I've had Dish with a Hopper 3 for about three weeks and have a new and aggravating problem. I've been using the Dish Anywhere app both as a remote and to stream live programming. Now neither will work. On Demand and Netflix works fine so the receiver has Internet. My router is set to use UPnP. I performed a reset of network settings and a restart of the receiver to no avail. I also tried to upgrade software but it just reboots with the same version (U334 instead of U336)

Any ideas? Would it be more reliable to assign the Hopper a static IP address and open ports? If so, what TCP/UDP ports would need opened to the static IP?

just fishing here, but is the dish anywhere only on one device ? can you test it on another device ?? phone, tablet, computer. Eliminates the device from the mix. dishanywhere.com
does that app load, just not show connected on the bottom right??

hope this helps

just fishing here, but is the dish anywhere only on one device ? can you test it on another device ?? phone, tablet, computer. Eliminates the device from the mix. dishanywhere.com
does that app load, just not show connected on the bottom right??

hope this helps

The upgrade to U336 finally went through after I turned the Hopper off? Anyway it worked again after the upgrade. It was multiple iPhone and iPad devices I tested on...

glad its working again, mine has never seen my EHD, only had the h3 for a few days.
scared of 336 because i was hearing VOD issues with some people ?? maybe, possibly, and i like vod from networks, not the purchase VOD stuff.

If you have a Hopper, Dish Anywhere does not see the EHD. When I had the VIP 622, 722, and 722k receivers, Dish Anywhere did work correctly with the EHD, and you could play back shows that were on the EHD. When the Hopper came out and the EHD didn't work, Dish said that the EHD should never have worked with the VIP series receivers, and the reason that it worked was due to a software bug!

Here is one case where I wish my Hopper had that software "bug".

Tony is correct. The EHD is not available with DishAnywhere on Hoppers. So, if you are interested in programming that might be on an EHD while away, transfer the programming back to the Hopper....

Reactions: peggy97850
Thanks, got it, good to know
My ehd is not seen by the h3 at all. Came from my 722k, rumor has it there will be another update in a few weeks, something other than 336.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts