Dish Anywhere Not showing recent recordings

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
The DIsh Anywhere app on Android works fine. The Dish Anywhere app in the browser (Chrome and Firefox) frequently does not show recordings for several days.

I record Sportscenter everyday at 7am. Right now 12:43pm Aug 9th, There is no listing for the August 8th or 9th recording of Sportscenter in the web browser. The Android app does show the August 8th and 9th recordings and I can view them with an external slingplayer.

My family is getting frustrated that several Olympic recordings are not being displayed.

The DIsh Anywhere app on Android works fine. The Dish Anywhere app in the browser (Chrome and Firefox) frequently does not show recordings for several days.

I record Sportscenter everyday at 7am. Right now 12:43pm Aug 9th, There is no listing for the August 8th or 9th recording of Sportscenter in the web browser. The Android app does show the August 8th and 9th recordings and I can view them with an external slingplayer.

My family is getting frustrated that several Olympic recordings are not being displayed.
DishAnywhere on a web browser is extremely flakey. It seems to break in one or more of several different ways constantly:

1) no access at all

2) guide off by an hour (usually) or more

3) extra recordings showing up in the list that aren't on your receiver

4) recordings missing as you have noticed

5) Receiver connection status (green light next to receiver name) showing no connection when connection works.

6) My Timers doesn't show all timers -- only the ones that have recordings during the guide period (happens on the tablet/smart phone app too). I can understand that the display could get crowded if there are lots of timers set, but give us the option to manage all timers.

7) External hard drive(s) not visible from DishAnywhere (on the tablet/smart phone app too).

If I had to guess, Dish breaks this interface on purpose to force you onto a tablet or smart phone.

Reactions: kappy44
DishAnywhere on a web browser is extremely flakey. It seems to break in one or more of several different ways constantly:

1) no access at all

2) guide off by an hour (usually) or more

3) extra recordings showing up in the list that aren't on your receiver

4) recordings missing as you have noticed

5) Receiver connection status (green light next to receiver name) showing no connection when connection works.

6) My Timers doesn't show all timers -- only the ones that have recordings during the guide period (happens on the tablet/smart phone app too). I can understand that the display could get crowded if there are lots of timers set, but give us the option to manage all timers.

7) External hard drive(s) not visible from DishAnywhere (on the tablet/smart phone app too).

If I had to guess, Dish breaks this interface on purpose to force you onto a tablet or smart phone.
I have reported the same issues to DIRT..."ticket" was submitted last week....am not holding my breath!

kwindrem, I have experienced every one of the problems that you listed in your first post! These problems have existed for a very long time so I don't think that they will be fixed any time soon. The problems come and go. When I have those issues, I just wait a while (sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a whole day) and the problem usually disappears.

The worst problem for me is that a lot of my recordings do not show up in the list of recorded shows, making it impossible for me to view them remotely. That defeats the purpose of Dish Anywhere.

Dish Anywhere is a very buggy piece of software!