Dish Anywhere not working

eng645

Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
Wilmot
Has anybody had this problem, I can watch Dish Anywhere on my home wifi network but if I switch to the cellular network (Verizon 4G LTE) it will come up as no internet connection. I called Dish and they have not heard of this problem and they had me uninstall, reload,unplug the hopper and the Dish Network app. several times, so they said it was on Verizon's end, so i went to Verizon and guess what they said not on their end! Any ideas?
Thanks

If it shows internet connection go somewhere outside your network ( like a Friend's house) and use a computer and see if you can connect. That will tell you if it's the Hopper not showing up online or something with Verizon. Most likely your Hopper is not showing up as being online.

Yes, it shows a internet connection, I went next door and tried it on the cellular connection at it says "Dish Anywhere is now offline. We will reconnect automatically once this device regains an internet connection.If you are attempting to use online features, please check your mobile devices wi-fi and/or cellular connection". I can connect with their wi-fi connection .

Go to your hopper,

Menu>settings>network setup > tests> test.

Once it is finishing its connection test, it will tell you the speeds it is downloading at, that will be your first indicator.

For about a year, when I called Dish they had me uninstall and then reinstall the app several times and still the same outcome.

Has anybody had this problem, I can watch Dish Anywhere on my home wifi network but if I switch to the cellular network (Verizon 4G LTE) it will come up as no internet connection. I called Dish and they have not heard of this problem and they had me uninstall, reload,unplug the hopper and the Dish Network app. several times, so they said it was on Verizon's end, so i went to Verizon and guess what they said not on their end! Any ideas?
Thanks
DishAnywhere often reports "no internet connection" on my iPad or iPhone. Wi-Fi or Verizon LTE doesn't seem to make a difference. Other internet-based services work fine. Killing the app and restarting it will EVENTUALLY get me connected but it's hit and miss.

Ok, I finally got it to work, I deleted the Dish Anywhere app (for like the 6th time) and then turned off my home wi-fi internet and then down loaded the Dish Anywhere on my the cellular network (Verizon 4G LTE). Turned off the phone and then restarted the phone and it now works on the cellular data side and the home wi-fi network. Not sure why that made it start working but it does now.

I had an issue today where one of my Hoppers wasn't showing up on my phone and I ended up at my mothers house and checked it on her computer and sure enough it was listed on the Dish Anywhere website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts