This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish Anywhere PQ much improved on PC

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
I had pretty much given up using Dish Anywhere on my PC. With the new non-flash version of Dish Anywhere, the bitrate hardly ever went over 1Mbps, and the picture quality was really bad.

Today, I decided to give Dish Anywhere another try, and to my surprise, the PQ looked very good, with the video bitrate over 8Mbps. That is a good improvement compared to the last time I used Dish Anywhere on my PC.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, the PQ much better now. After about 1minute, the video bitrate was above 2Mbps, at 1 1/2 min, bitrate was over 3.5Mbps, and after 2 min, it increased to over 8Mbps!

Also, All of my recordings show up in the DVR list, even one that was currently recording. In the past, showing all recordings has always been a problem with Dish Anywhere. Nice to see that problem solved (I hope).

Last edited:
Yes, that is what I have been using.

Is it any less resource-intensive than the old flash version was? I have subsequently purchased a number of FireTV Sticks. But I'm still seriously annoyed at buying a Zotac Zbox expressly to accept the stream from my 722 w/Sling Adapter, and it just wasn't fast enough. It is still attached to the back of one of my TVs, but not otherwise doing anything.