Dish Anywhere Start Over?

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
Is it normal that you can’t access the start of a program until it’s done recording? Wanted to watch Meet the Press from the beginning before it was done recording and it didn’t appear on my Recorded Programs list. Had to join it being watched in progress at home. Did not try to rewind - my wife would have gone crazy as she was watching at home.

I just accessed my recording of MTP from the beginning...it's still in progress.

Reactions: TheKrell
I have found the 'handshake' between hopper and DA devices for dvr info updating is sometimes sketchy.
This causes the DA devices to not recognize dvr programs, and sometimes states dvr programs are not available(licensed) for streaming access.
I have found solution for app to be wipe all app data or uninatall/reinstall.
On computers/laptops, I had success loging out and using a different web brouser to force fresh loading of dvr info.
It is important to note that the updated dvr info may not be resolved for several minutes while the info is 'background downloaded' and progress of such is not indicated.

Is it normal that you can’t access the start of a program until it’s done recording? Wanted to watch Meet the Press from the beginning before it was done recording and it didn’t appear on my Recorded Programs list. Had to join it being watched in progress at home. Did not try to rewind - my wife would have gone crazy as she was watching at home.
Regarding the problem of recordings not showing up in the recorded DVR list: It is not normal, it is a software bug. I have had the same thing happen to me frequently. I happens more often when the show is still recording, but sometimes my recorded shows do not show up even after they are done recording. Sometimes, exiting and restarting the web browser works (sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries). Sometimes, if I search for the show, even though it is not in the list, it shows up in the search. Sometimes, if I restart my PC it helps. However, sometimes nothing works and I just have to wait and try it later. What is really interesting, is that when the recorded shows do not show up in the list of recordings on my PC, if I switch to my iPhone, the missing shows are listed there like they should be.

There have been other threads on this forum about this problem. It would be nice if Dish would fix this long-standing problem!

Last edited:
Thanks. Couldn’t find those other threads. I guess it’s just another Dish issue to live with.
Regarding the problem of recordings not showing up in the recorded DVR list: It is not normal, it is a software bug. I have had the same thing happen to me frequently. I happens more often when the show is still recording, but sometimes my recorded shows do not show up even after they are done recording. Sometimes, exiting and restarting the web browser works (sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries). Sometimes, if I search for the show, even though it is not in the list, it shows up in the search. Sometimes, if I restart my PC it helps. However, sometimes nothing works and I just have to wait and try it later. What is really interesting, is that when the recorded shows do not show up in the list of recordings on my PC, if I switch to my iPhone, the missing shows are listed there like they should be.

There have been other threads on this forum about this problem. It would be nice if Dish would fix this long-standing problem!
The OP issue was not that it wasn't there...he could not get it to play from beginning while recording was in progress, which I reported I was able to do so..

The OP issue was not that it wasn't there...he could not get it to play from beginning while recording was in progress, which I reported I was able to do so..
I know that, but since he mentioned that the recordings did not show up in the DVR list of recordings, I thought I would comment on that, since it has been an ongoing problem.That is why I prefaced my post with "Regarding the problem of recordings not showing up in the recorded DVR list". :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)