Dish anywhere transfer?

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Getting ready for a flight, I'm trying to transfer some movies to my Android phone.
I found the button to transfer, it says it's in que.
When I check on status it first says no connection to hopper (I'm on WiFi, hopper on wired, same network) then changes quick to my que.
They all say pending. Then occasionally one will change to preparing. But then when I unlock my screen a few minutes later it starts the cycle all over again.

Also if I go to my home screen )da in the background) I get a brief message that in the background all transfers will stop.

So how do I do it?

Unfortunately you cannot do any other actions using your mobile device while Dish Anywhere is in the process of preparing and transferring your programs. further you must set your mobile device so it will not sleep otherwise it messes it up and then when you awaken it it starts all over again. so turn off sleep leave the mobile device alone to do its thing and nothing else and It should work fine. I've learned all this the hard way. If someone else has another suggestion that's fine. But for me I just turn off the sleep function leave it alive and leave it alone and let it do its thing and it works perfectly.

Also in case you didn't know you can prepare the programs you want to transfer ahead of time by either selecting each show information from the DVR and select the prepare for mobile. Or even better when you set the timer for programs you can also check mark the prepare for mobile option so that way as soon as it's done recording it will immediately prepare it and then all you have to do is transfer at a later time. The preparation is time-consuming so if you can do the preparation ahead of time then all that's left are the transfers themselves which is a very quick process. you can also set the DVR to automatically prepare all programs that you record if that's easiest.

That sucks; so at bed time I launched DA, left the sceen saver come one, and to my surprise this morning they were all transferred...

It'd be nice if it did things in the background like any other app...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts