Dish anywhere won’t stream in HD

Tonight I decided to use DishAnywhere on my Amazon Firestick in the basement. For the last month I have not used DishAnywhere since I have been busy. There was a new version of DishAnywhere. After logging in I started streaming the recorded NBC news program from my Family Room Hopper3. I noticed the resolution of the picture was very poor. I have a gigabit network throughout my house so data should not be a problem.
I unplugged my cable modem to verify that the streaming was taking place on my home network. The DVR news program continued to play thus verifying that streaming was all happening over my local network. But the picture quality remained poor during the entire program.
The new version of DishAnywhere appears to stream in a low resolution even though my my network is gigabit. Dish needs to fix this.

I was watching Comedy Central, and could not pause/rewind/fast forward though. Not sure why someone would restrict this - this taking away/downgrading has got to stop.

When going to a DVR program though, picture quality was noticeably worse and even after a few minutes was not great... SD at best. Fast forward did seem a bit more stable though.
Remember some channels are streaming direct from the program provider not your Hopper. This could be why the PQ was so much better.

I am not a fan of this new player.

Tonight I decided to use DishAnywhere on my Amazon Firestick in the basement. For the last month I have not used DishAnywhere since I have been busy. There was a new version of DishAnywhere. After logging in I started streaming the recorded NBC news program from my Family Room Hopper3. I noticed the resolution of the picture was very poor. I have a gigabit network throughout my house so data should not be a problem.
I unplugged my cable modem to verify that the streaming was taking place on my home network. The DVR news program continued to play thus verifying that streaming was all happening over my local network. But the picture quality remained poor during the entire program.
The new version of DishAnywhere appears to stream in a low resolution even though my my network is gigabit. Dish needs to fix this.
I wished it was just a resolution problem. I‘m getting numerous interruptions due to buffering, low resolution, the pop up player in the guide that blocks out a large portion of the screen when trying to locate a DVR’d show to watch and just getting kicked out of the app saying someone else is watching it already when there is nobody else using it. This is just a plain terrible update and DISH is in no hurry to even acknowledge it much less fix it.

• Sad
Reactions: dweber and TheKrell