Dish Anywhere

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Miner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My dish anywhere (to my 4K Firestick, iphone, and windows browser) is aweful lately. Even when using the stream option, I’m getting freezes and drops.

My home network is t-mobile, and wifi signals are all good or better.

I forced the 318 for my hopper on Saturday, and did a power cord reset after for good measure, but dish anywhere is not watchable at the moment.

It is most likely your internet connection. If it slows down or drops out below the 6 mpbs for upload speed you will end up with frozen screens and drops in your picture/sound.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It is most likely your internet connection. If it slows down or drops out below the 6 mpbs for upload speed you will end up with frozen screens and drops in your picture/sound.
I could see that as a problem, but I was able to stream just fine with HBO Max. Plus isn’t DA from my hopper to my Firestick just on my LAN, (once the initial connection is made)?

And now it is working just fine. A sharp image, no drops or pauses. Yesterday it was like watching streams in the old days of dial up.

So the problem popped up again this morning (although not as bad). I rebooted my H3, and Firestick but the issue persisted. Then I bounced my router, and everything is back to normal. Odd thing is my bandwidth was >300 mbps before bouncing the router.
What is bouncing the router?

In addition to "bouncing", I'd like to know what it was after the reboot.
I didn’t pay attention enough to write it down, but I want to say it was about the same after.

I had the issue again this morning, and the only think I did was restart my router, and the issue is resolved. I did pay attention to internet speeds this morning, download speed dropped from 400 to 325, upload increases from 36 to 47.

I’ve been working to resolve an issue with an old Dell Laptop, that seems to have a wifi connection problem as well. Im beginning to wonder if it is causing at least part of the problem as the 3 days in a row having the issue also correlates to me having the laptop up and running. I haven’t had it running in quite a while, but it’s issue is beyond catching up with updates, something more complicated.

I had the issue again this morning, and the only think I did was restart my router, and the issue is resolved. I did pay attention to internet speeds this morning, download speed dropped from 400 to 325, upload increases from 36 to 47.
I suspect but don't know that is normal variation and not due to the reboot.
Im beginning to wonder if it is causing at least part of the problem as the 3 days in a row having the issue also correlates to me having the laptop up and running.
I'm an experimentalist and I recommend experimenting. Unplug the damn thing and see if your problem with the Hopper and the FireTV Stick is resolved.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That is precisely my next step. I’m isolated due to Covid-19, working from home. Since I don’t have to commute, I have extra time to test!
With my funky Dell out of the equation, the problem persists! A little glitchy this morning until restarting my router. Now quite sure where to go from here. I may try a full reset of it, back to factory settings and see if that resolves the issue.

Funny thing is Dish Anywhere worked great all day. But after being off overnight, the problem appears? And it only seems to be Dish Anywhere.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Since restarting your router seems to have a positive effect, wondering if it'd be worth going into the router's admin settings and set it to restart every day at, say, 3 AM. My TP-Link router has this function and it seems to keep things very stable.

Also, you could try setting the Hopper and possibly your DA clients to have static IP addresses and then fool with the Quality of Service settings for them to see if it helps.

Just a thought.

I'd do a hard reset on the router and then reconfigure it .
sometimes a device address can get corrupted in the router table and everything needs to be flushed to fix it.

The Fing app for smartphones is very useful when diagnosing ip addressing problems.

I had a similar problem early this week where a device ip was getting "lost" .

Reactions: Miner
I'd do a hard reset on the router and then reconfigure it .
sometimes a device address can get corrupted in the router table and everything needs to be flushed to fix it.

The Fing app for smartphones is very useful when diagnosing ip addressing problems.

I had a similar problem early this week where a device ip was getting "lost" .
I did a full reset of the router this morning. We will see what happens tomorrow.m
Last night I left the Firestick streaming dish and it was working fine in the morning. But as soon as I exited the app and went back in later the DA was glitchy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts