Dish App Transfers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sklunk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
PA
Okay I'm pretty technical but I am having trouble using Transfers. I have a Hopper3 and use the Dish Anywhere app on my android phone and tablets. I have a couple issues with Transfers:
  1. Any time I try to transfer recordings it takes FOREVER. This is on my home Wi-Fi which is 5G. Usually the app hangs up and I just log out. Then somehow when I log back in the transfer says it took place.
  2. When I try to watch the transfer later it tells me I must be online. Here is where I am confused -- what good is it to transfer the recordings to my devices if I need to be on Wi-Fi or Mobile Data to log into the app and watch them??
Please tell me I am doing something wrong ...

Okay I'm pretty technical but I am having trouble using Transfers. I have a Hopper3 and use the Dish Anywhere app on my android phone and tablets. I have a couple issues with Transfers:
  1. Any time I try to transfer recordings it takes FOREVER. This is on my home Wi-Fi which is 5G. Usually the app hangs up and I just log out. Then somehow when I log back in the transfer says it took place.
  2. When I try to watch the transfer later it tells me I must be online. Here is where I am confused -- what good is it to transfer the recordings to my devices if I need to be on Wi-Fi or Mobile Data to log into the app and watch them??
Please tell me I am doing something wrong ...

sklunk, you would have to make sure to log into the DISH Anywhere app itself before losing data connection. If you had not previously logged back in, then you would be unable to access any transfers from the app and you will see this message.

You mentioned 5G Network, are you using your phones data (hotspot) to connect your Hopper and your phone/tablet or is it through an ISP? Also, when it is in the transfer queue, do you see anything that says "Preparing for Mobile?"- Christina W.

sklunk, you would have to make sure to log into the DISH Anywhere app itself before losing data connection. If you had not previously logged back in, then you would be unable to access any transfers from the app and you will see this message.

You mentioned 5G Network, are you using your phones data (hotspot) to connect your Hopper and your phone/tablet or is it through an ISP? Also, when it is in the transfer queue, do you see anything that says "Preparing for Mobile?"- Christina W.

Just home wifi 5G. Yes the queue says Preparing for Mobile but then it never completes the transfer.

So if I understand I need to transfer the recordings, stay logged into the app, then without wifi or mobile data I can watch the recordings? Will I still be able to use the features of the app for long trips (for example finish one show then start another and another?)

That is correct sklunk, when transferring you would need to remain in the app. Once the recording have been fully transferred, you should not need to use WiFi or Mobile Data to view content. Yes, you will still be able to use features for the app - Sadedra J

Last edited:
My Hopper3 takes about 14 minutes to transfer a 32 minute HD DVR. Under DVR settings I have Smart Prepare For Mobile turned on. I am using Netgear 5 GHz WiFi to transfer to my IPhone 8+. In the past I remember the transfers to be much faster if Smart Prepare was turned on. What sort of transfer times are others getting?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

That is correct sklunk, when transferring you would need to remain in the app. Once the recording have been fully transferred, you should not need to use WiFi or Mobile Data to view content. Yes, you will still be able to use features for the app - Sadedra J

That is not happening. After the transfers are complete (which takes FOREVER!) I log out of the app. When I am away from WiFi or Mobile Data and try to view the transferred content it tells me I need to log into the app but there is no connection.

That is not happening. After the transfers are complete (which takes FOREVER!) I log out of the app. When I am away from WiFi or Mobile Data and try to view the transferred content it tells me I need to log into the app but there is no connection.

Sounds like a Hopper Go is in your future. :)

I totally forgot about this feature since "upgrading" to the Hopper.

Question: when it's working, do you have the opportunity to store the downloaded program or programs on your external SDHC card?

I totally forgot about this feature since "upgrading" to the Hopper.

Question: when it's working, do you have the opportunity to store the downloaded program or programs on your external SDHC card?

You can transfer shows to the main device memory or to an SD card. It's an option in the settings menu.

Reactions: TheKrell

You need WiFi or Mobile Data to log into Dish Anywhere. Once you are logged in, you do not need an internet connection to watch transferred content. For example, log into Dish Anywhere while at the airport terminal and then watch transferred content during the flight without internet.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
You need WiFi or Mobile Data to log into Dish Anywhere. Once you are logged in, you do not need an internet connection to watch transferred content. For example, log into Dish Anywhere while at the airport terminal and then watch transferred content during the flight without internet.

Okay thanks I'll give that a try.
Not sure what to do about the transfer speeds -- guess I'll just have to live with it!

Okay thanks I'll give that a try.
Not sure what to do about the transfer speeds -- guess I'll just have to live with it!

Do you have 'Smart Prepare for Mobile' turned on in the Timer Defaults section?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts