Dish & Apple?

I have the first model Apple TV and I set it to output 1080p to my TV.

I dont see how that is, I have a first gen unit too, and mine only goes up to 1080I There is no option for 1080P, and my tv can do 1080P, Unless it's only 1080P via hdmi, wich im hooked up via componante as DD 5.1 is not passed over hdmi unless they fixed that.

That, combined with the 24 hour viewing window and $7 rental price is a big turnoff.

Dont know what the heck your talking about, im watching Coraline for 4.99 right now in hd. Every movie rental is 4.99 for hd, and sd is 3.99. I know I have an apple tv and am looking at it right now.

I dont see how that is, I have a first gen unit too, and mine only goes up to 1080I There is no option for 1080P, and my tv can do 1080P, Unless it's only 1080P via hdmi, wich im hooked up via componante as DD 5.1 is not passed over hdmi unless they fixed that.

Yay Im happy now! 1080P is through hdmi only, and they fixed the Dobily Digital via HDMI issue, where DD would not play through HDMI! I know where im going for my movie rentals from now on! As far as the quality of the movies, there no worse than D* 1080p or E*'s 1080P. Meaning the quality isnt bad!