Dish Applies to Move E-1 to 77 W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if Dish is considering trying to use some spots on E8. Yes I realise they are out of the designed location, but if they could pick up lets say 10 new cities it would be worth it for them. I have not seen any posts about weak signal from E8, but I guess they are not pushing a lot of TPs with it yet.

I just dont get why he is wanting to burn up a lot of the fuel on the oldest satellite that they have. Why not just let it sit there until it diesthen place another one there? Perhaps they already have plans on taking satellites that they currently have in use to be replaced by the new ones launching.

I just dont get why he is wanting to burn up a lot of the fuel on the oldest satellite that they have. Why not just let it sit there until it diesthen place another one there? Perhaps they already have plans on taking satellites that they currently have in use to be replaced by the new ones launching.
Really, it takes the same amount of fuel to move 2 degrees as it does to move 100 degrees. It just takes more time.

The footprint looks very poor. It looks like only those in the Gulf States are going to be able to use this satellite. I wonder why they are bothering to try to move E1 over. I guess it could fill in a few markets in TX, LA, AL, MS, FL GA or SC.

The footprint looks very poor. It looks like only those in the Gulf States are going to be able to use this satellite. I wonder why they are bothering to try to move E1 over. I guess it could fill in a few markets in TX, LA, AL, MS, FL GA or SC.

EchoStar also uses 77 West to service Mexico...

Exactly they will have 32 transponders available and will be filling in the locals along the southern part of the country. It's a conus beam but they can't move it north because it would interfere with the Canadian beams.

It would make a lot of sense if Quetzat's new satellite was like Ceil-2 with Mexico beams and spots for the US. But, I have not heard of any spots on it.

E1/E8 77W Footprints

Got the E1 77W footprint ( planned) converted ( US Beam).

It can be compared to E8

And, I overlayed the E1 and E8 49 dBw contours to provide an idea of the US service area from 77W using a standard dish.

The two together provide suprisingly good Conus coverage from 77W. Not bad for the second string.

Attachments

• E1 77W US Beam.jpg
    E1 77W US Beam.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 167
  • Echostar 8 77W Medium Power Conus.jpg
    Echostar 8 77W Medium Power Conus.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 120
  • E1-E8 77W Standard Dish Coverage Area.jpg
    E1-E8 77W Standard Dish Coverage Area.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 128
a retailer told me once it arrived to 77w they were going to offer a new package for Puerto Rico with many spanish language channels probably the same offered to mexico with a smaller dish. The regular dish package will remain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)