Dish/att News

ReconPJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Avondale, AZ
Just got off the phone from the CSR rep from ATT/DISH. I was inquiring about adding the VOOM channels. She told me that since I am one of the original customers from the partnership of the former SBC/DISH (now ATT/DISH) on the 1st of Feb I will receive the new channels of VOOM and the other two (ESPN2 and UNIVERSAL HD) at no extra charge to my existing bill. Kind of hard to beleive since I am getting an additional 17 channels, but that is what she told me. I'll take it for what it is worth. Their charges are going to stem from new customers. Also if I want to upgrade my 522 and 811 it will cost me $250 each. But on April 1st it will cost $99.99....I wonder if the new channels won't get encoded MPEG-4 until then thus making them free??? Kind of makes sense since they don't have enough receivers to go around here in a couple of days....

"But on April 1st it will cost $99.99. "

It will be $299.00 with a $200.00 rebate for the 622 on April 1st and $49.99 for the 211 (replacement for 811) on Feb. 1st. The 622 is the replacement for the 942.

What did they say about the Dish 1000?

I have a 500 and a solo one pointing at the 148 to get the 148 CBS West feed. No need for that now since I get the local CBS with my OTA and I will move the solo dish to the 129 on the 1st. I'm just prety shocked at the fact that I'll get all the channels with nothing more added to my ATT/DISH bill. Too good to believe if you ask me, but I guess I will find out on the 1st..

I'm with ATT/Dish too, would like to know what kind of deals they will have for us. Everytime I call they say call back on Feb. 1st.

That was my setup before Dish 500 and another one at 148. Back in Nov. I re-aimed the second dish to 129 and been getting the Voom channels ever since. The excitment lasted about 5 days, the Voom channels are not that great if you ask me. Hopefully that will change soon.

When they first came available, they told me to point it at the 61.5 SAT. Or basically right in to the ground sinc it was a 15 degree tilt. Not that I am praising VOOM for its channels, but it does give us an option. Sometimes I do watch the moose in the pond on HDNET or something educational on the local PBS-HD. What is the elevation of the 129 SAT?

What is the elevation of the 129 SAT?

The elevation is the same as 119. Go to 6-1-1 Peak angles and use 119 for the elevation angle. As far as the azimuth, well just look at your Dish 500 and aim it in that direction and slowly move it to the West. I work in Palo Alto and Sunnyvale if you need any help, I can stop by at lunch time or something. Send me a PM if you need help.

What did DISH tell you about the pricing RandallA?

The first CSR told me that there will be new HD packages coming. Search the forum and you'll find tons of information on the new HD packages (Bronze, Gold, Platinum, etc). I actually have Dish Latino Max + HD Package + Voom and she said that it will be changing to a new package that will include the HD channels + Voom but the price she gave me didn't sound right. It was actually just $8.00 more than the regular DLatino Max package. Just the HD package + Voom alone is $14.99 more so I don't think she was right.

So I'm just gonna wait and call back next week.

Att/SBC will be here in about 2 hours to take down the Dish500 and put up the Dish1000 + adding Original Voom to my account. I will try to pry any info out of him/her about the MPEG4 receivers and when/if Att/SBC will get them to upgrade existing custmers.

I'm only worried right now just picking up 129 sat; great locks on the 110/119, but because of trees, I think I was damn lucky.

RandallA said:
What is the elevation of the 129 SAT?

The elevation is the same as 119. Go to 6-1-1 Peak angles and use 119 for the elevation angle. As far as the azimuth, well just look at your Dish 500 and aim it in that direction and slowly move it to the West. I work in Palo Alto and Sunnyvale if you need any help, I can stop by at lunch time or something. Send me a PM if you need help.

What did DISH tell you about the pricing RandallA?

The first CSR told me that there will be new HD packages coming. Search the forum and you'll find tons of information on the new HD packages (Bronze, Gold, Platinum, etc). I actually have Dish Latino Max + HD Package + Voom and she said that it will be changing to a new package that will include the HD channels + Voom but the price she gave me didn't sound right. It was actually just $8.00 more than the regular DLatino Max package. Just the HD package + Voom alone is $14.99 more so I don't think she was right.

So I'm just gonna wait and call back next week.

I could be wrong, however I would suspect that the Latino HD channels will be $20/mo more then their SD counterparts just like the AT and HD bundles. For example, I believe DL Max w/locals is $49.99/mo, "DL HD Gold" w/locals should be $69.99/mo.

Chris Freeland said:
I could be wrong, however I would suspect that the Latino HD channels will be $20/mo more then their SD counterparts just like the AT and HD bundles. For example, I believe DL Max w/locals is $49.99/mo, "DL HD Gold" w/locals should be $69.99/mo.

Correct. That's why I wasn't too excited when she told me that. I expect to pay $20.00 more for the HD pack like everybody else.

Att/SBC installers have finished; I'm now DISH1000 with Voom.

Installers didn't know anything about when customers could get upgraded to the MPEG4 boxes thru Att/SBC.