Dish Audio Setting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xyz38

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Eastern NC
I have recently swithced to Dish from cable and am wondering what is the best audio setting in the Dish receiver.

I have the VIP 222K and have it connected to a 52in LCD 1080P tv with HDMI to get the best picture and have it connected to a Onkyo receiver, that decodes the latest audio formats, with optical cable.

I have tried the Dolby Digital/PCM and the PCM settings in the Dish receiver. Also tried the Dolby Digital Only setting.

The PCM setting, on the HD programs and movies that have Dolby Digital audio, sound better than the Dolby Digital setting to me. The sound is louder and sounds more open. DD sounds lower and more dull or suppressed.

I did not do these comparisons with cable. The cable box had different choices but I believe that the DD sounded better with the cable box than with Dish.

Am I just getting two channel sound with PLII decoding? Is that as good as DD for surround sound effects?

On the PCM setting, my receiver shows PCM and DDII on the small icons and PLII on the large display.
On the Dolby Digital setting, it shows DD and DTS on the small icons and Dolby D on the large display.

What settings do you guys use to get the best sound?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts