DISH AUDIT TEAM STRIKES AGAIN

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
I'm a longtime rural DirecTV subscriber, many of my friends and co-workers have DirecTV or DISHNET due to the fact many of us live in the sticks, and for those that can get cable, the local cable companies only have around 25 channels and no HD, etc.

An older co-worker has had Dishnetwork for over 10 years, well he got the "Audit" phone call. He's not very tech minded at all, he's always asking for help with his cell phone, computer and such.

Well somehow he failed the audit and some of his receivers were turned off. Needless to say he was angry and cancelled Dish and got DirecTV installed.

Why does Dish keep doing this? many ppl nowdays go cell phone only. All this seems to be doing is pissing ppl off. The average person just wants their TV/Receiver to work with no hassles, etc.

This isn't the first person I know this has happened too, and I'm sure it won't be the last...............

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

A landline is not needed. As long as all the receivers are plugged into the same electric meter, and at least one is connected to the Internet, you're good to go. However, doesn't always work esp. on large properties with out-buildings.

The new equipment fees, that no longer reward people for having their receivers plugged into the phone or etherenet, are going to encourage more DISH NAZI audit calls. More Audit calls are going to encourage more people to churn.

Well...if the phone is not needed...I will probably disconnect it since the wire run for 625 is all across my room & its look ugly. Let Dish Audit team call me.

My dad is 83 years old and moves slow to say the least. He has a 722 in his office/workshop which is about 50 feet from his house where there is a 222. Now to begin with he can not navigate the menuse of these boxes very well at all so he would be extremely slow even if they were both directly in front of him. To make the trip to the second one he is going to have to get into his electric wheel chair and go outside to get there. On top of this the old man is ornery and hard headed he would likely refuse to give out the info the people were wanting. I could very easily see him telling them to stuff their service up their butt if they shut off his equipment because he did not pass this test

All together preventable:( E could of adopted the receivers talking over the LNBs, no communication no service. It would of had problems of its own but be far better than this.

I wonder if E tracks audit calls cause cancelations? it could tick off a lot of people and cause churn.

To each his own, if you don't have something to hide it is only an inconvenience. I survived an audit and as a dealer I have actually experienced the results of audits, many customers do switch providers due to the feeling left after the audit. I can't think of a customer who had receivers turned off that did stay with DISH.

I never give any information to anyone who calls on the telephone, period, full stop.

How do I know who they really are ?

They could be scammers.

Any time anyone calls who is not a personal friend, I interrupt them and say "send me a letter" and hang up.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

A landline is not needed. As long as all the receivers are plugged into the same electric meter, and at least one is connected to the Internet, you're good to go. However, doesn't always work esp. on large properties with out-buildings.

many of us who live in teh sticks dont have high speed internet, therefore the internet option is out
yes some places cannot get highspeed, unles you go sat internet

I had an audit about 3 years ago and didn't have a problem passing.

What I was annoyed about was the message they left on my phone telling me that they would turn my boxes off unless I called within the specified, short period.

I don't know if it's been changed since then, but that message still bothers me because I felt that a long time (since 1998) customer should be treated better.

I don't mind the audit, but I also don't want to feel like there's a gun pointed at my head.

Boba, thanks for the reply. I'm not worried about failing one, but that's interesting. So if they kill it, they won't turn it back on if you jump through their hoops correctly?

What a crock of sh

Boba, thanks for the reply. I'm not worried about failing one, but that's interesting. So if they kill it, they won't turn it back on if you jump through their hoops correctly?

What a crock of sh

If you know you have not been breaking any rules and you fail one because you can not walk fast enough or something to that effect because you are elderly or disabled, and they cut you off you can always contact your AG and file a complaint. they will probably back off and let you out of your contract since they really have no proof that you are account stacking or whatever else they are looking for, which will break the rules of the contract on your end, without actually going to your house and checking things out.

Let me get this right, I have two receivers, one that is up and running, and it is hook up to the phone, and internet, and the other one is in storage, just to use as a backup if the main receiver goes dead, or i move to another bigger place, where I may add another tv. So if dish networks aduits, my account, and finds out that one is still up and running, and the other one is not on, what would they do, cancel my service???

The tech told, me when i get the other one out and hook it up, just call and claim that I had it disconnected over a month due to adding on to my place, which required me to had it disconnected for that amount of time.

IS the second receiver one that you own? IF so you can remove it from your DISH account so it doesn't show . IF it is leased , then you better plug it back in and plug your phone in, so you don't have to worry about the audit nazis.

techs who do not care for the custy they are servicing can set up the prefix to *67 on one rec if they happen to have two more plugged in. this will disable the caller ID and make it so that one rec registers with their number when it calls, and the other appears to be calling from a different location since its ID is blocked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)