Dish Audit

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
A buddy of mine has a home in Mexico with DN installed. He has 4 receivers connected to a DP34 switch and has sats 119 and 129 only. The audit team called and wants to verify his installation. Since he has all 4 boxes installed in his own home he should not have a problem right? I know they are after stackers, etc. but this one is legit...just happens to be in Mexico.

I know they are after stackers, etc. but this one is legit...just happens to be in Mexico.
There is no such thing as a legitimate DISH Network customer living in Mexico.

That aside, if he can give them their numbers, they shouldn't mess with him.

Why do I have a feeling the "buddy" is you ;)

but yeah as long as you err your buddy can give them the numbers off the receivers they need that person should be ok

Don't volunteer any location information, or at least, be prepared to give "correct" answers.

Interesting. Audit complaints seem to have dropped off lately.

Iceberg, not that it matters but it really is for a buddy! He is in the States now and told me Dish called. He called them back and explained that he was home (with his Comcast) and would not be at his vacation home for a few more weeks. They said okay. Then someone else called and he told them the same thing. He asked me to check on his home and when I did only the family room receiver worked! I guess he should have sent me over there earlier to call them?? Since they are all down, and he's not here, I guess he can deal with it when he gets here. I read somewhere else that if the shut off the receiver it can NEVER be re-activated so he will have to start all over??

Recently Dish has been asking for a utility bill with the subscribers name showing the service address even if you pass the audit.

prt328 said:
Iceberg, not that it matters but it really is for a buddy! He is in the States now and told me Dish called. He called them back and explained that he was home (with his Comcast) and would not be at his vacation home for a few more weeks. They said okay. Then someone else called and he told them the same thing. He asked me to check on his home and when I did only the family room receiver worked! I guess he should have sent me over there earlier to call them?? Since they are all down, and he's not here, I guess he can deal with it when he gets here. I read somewhere else that if the shut off the receiver it can NEVER be re-activated so he will have to start all over??

If there is only one receiver working at his house now, chances are they disabled the rest of them. He will never be able to use them again. He's been hit by the audit team!

If there is only one receiver working at his house now, chances are they disabled the rest of them. He will never be able to use them again. He's been hit by the audit team!

Thats not true.If he calls them and proves everything is on the up and up then they will re-activate the receivers.

... He will never be able to use them again. ...
:confused: What if they are leased?

He's not able to sell them if he owns them, maybe. But to suggest that under all circumstances they are doorstops makes no sense.

Last edited:
Thats not true.If he calls them and proves everything is on the up and up then they will re-activate the receivers.
Agree I have been audited and they can turn units back on or permanently kill them. Remember wheb calling back DISH uses ANI (automatic number identification) you can't block your phone number so a non US area code will cost you your receivers.

Interesting Thread

Interesting thread. To avoid an audit, should one
1) Have only 1 receiver?
2) Not have internet or phone connectivity to it - does this matter?

And when phoning in to re-establish service:
1) Use a cell phone with a US area code?
2) Use skype (and invest in a skype out # that would have a area code in the same area you are supposedly getting service at?

Anything else?

If you have one receiver they won't call. No phoneline required. If you have multiple receivers all on the same phoneline/ethernet they won't call.....unless your IP/phoneline is not in the US.

Even if you pass an audit they will shut receivers off afterwards. Activate an additional receiver after you had an audit and watch what they will do. They will shut it off PERMANENTLY!!! Even if you pass the audit and then lock your account down hard. They are pricks even if you do nothing wrong!

Even if you pass an audit they will shut receivers off afterwards. Activate an additional receiver after you had an audit and watch what they will do. They will shut it off PERMANENTLY!!! Even if you pass the audit and then lock your account down hard. They are pricks even if you do nothing wrong!

This is utter nonsense - and not substantiated by anything posted here or elsewhere.

Last edited:
If you have one receiver they won't call. No phoneline required. If you have multiple receivers all on the same phoneline/ethernet they won't call.....unless your IP/phoneline is not in the US.
No phone line required !!!!! How can DN keep track of your PPV purchase if you don't have a phone line to your receiver ???

They can't. But you can't order PPV with your remote with no ethernet or phoneline connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts