Dish - bad billing and bad customer service!

gb387

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Where do I start? I received my first bill and discovered many charges that I should not have been charged for. After speaking to two customer service reps for 37 min. They were somewhat corrected and I was very angry.

Here is whats on my bill:
$299.00 DISH Network HD System Fee
$99.00 DISH Network Receiver
$5 transaction fee
NO $49.99 bill credit (with the "Club Dish" card that I gave to the installer)

After about 30 min of arguing with the customer service rep the agreed to credit my bill $49.99 as stated on the club dish card AND is stated on dishes web site in the 'Club Dish' section.

Then came the equipment fees, I was told by the customer service rep there was a $199.00 charge for the equipment, well, I have $398.00 in equipment fees. I did not get the HD DVR SO the HD receiver was suppose to be free as well as the standard receiver I have. Again he did credit this to my account after a short time.

Now on to the $5 Transaction Fee he claimed that I changed from "DishHD Gold" to "DishHD Silver" in the same day. I never called dish to change this and I never agreed to "DishHD Gold". I initially agreed to "DishHD Bronze" but was told I could change it at the time of install. Now why would I call the same day to change plans, I never made the call? After the customer service rep got a little angry with me he said he would credit the bill $5. He quick said is that all I said yes and thank you and he promptly hung up.

What I am getting at is this the way there billing/customer service really is? I have never had dish before and never thought it would be such an issue to get everything straight. The customer service reps did not seem to be versed in the promotions mainly the 49.99 bill credit as stated on the club dish promotional materials.

What a mess I needed a little venting!

So what else is new, did you read these forums before ordering? The only statement missing is the Indian(queens English) accent of the CSR.

boba said:
So what else is new, did you read these forums before ordering? The only statement missing is the Indian(queens English) accent of the CSR.

I have been reading these forums and doing my research but when they mess the bill up straight out of the box you expect a little better service to correct things. I don't think I did anything wrong. They sure wanted me to sign up for their service.

Is their customer service call center located in the US?

Some are and some are not. I read in another thread that Directv is going to have ALL their calls outsourced out of the U.S. if I read it correctly. I would not be surprised if Dish Network would do this eventually as well.

gb387 said:
I have been reading these forums and doing my research but when they mess the bill up straight out of the box you expect a little better service to correct things. I don't think I did anything wrong. They sure wanted me to sign up for their service.

Is their customer service call center located in the US?

Whenever I call customer service (billing), I am prepared for a fight.
Most are brain dead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)