Dish Beats DirecTV on Overall Customer Satisfaction for First Time on National Survey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Dish Network, for the first time in its 22-year history, edged out rival DirecTV to capture the No. 1 spot on J.D. Power’s annual pay-TV customer-satisfaction survey on a nationwide basis.

On the 2018 survey, Dish turned in an average score of 753 (on a 1,000-point scale) across four regions measured by J.D. Power, up 3.2% versus last year. Dish ranked highest in the North Central (with a score of 754) and West (749) regions, while AT&T/DirecTV turned in the No. 1 scores in the East (767) and South (765) regions.

Dish Beats DirecTV on Overall Customer Satisfaction for First Time on National Survey

Not surprising...it's AT&T after all.

TBH, I've never had a bad customer support experience with AT&T on a personal level, which is more than I can say for Verizon. Their business data services are another matter entirely.

On the other hand, I almost always felt less than satisfied when dealing with DirecTV. I always felt like it was a fight, whether to get whatever it was I was seeking or to resist being sold something I didn't want. I don't mind the whole "we're running a special on X," but after 3 or 4 sales jobs in a single call, when all I wanted to do was cancel the free introductory Cinemax is ridiculous.

Dish has been way better in my personal experience.

As do everyone these days. Beg isn't strong enough for what my car Dealership does to get a perfect score...

I can't see how they did this with all these people posting about losing their local channels because of retransmission fees and also losing Univision. I personally don't have anything against Dish yet but I'm sure one of these days I'll probably be one of those that gets in the locals taken off because of retransmission fees.

I can't see how they did this with all these people posting about losing their local channels because of retransmission fees and also losing Univision. I personally don't have anything against Dish yet but I'm sure one of these days I'll probably be one of those that gets in the locals taken off because of retransmission fees.

directv has its disputes too
and the new software has many people upset

directv has its disputes too
and the new software has many people upset

Yeah, my parents' DVR (HR44) "loses" recordings all the time. They have to RBR it to get them back. They tried to get a new DVR, but tech support told them it wouldn't fix their problem.

The regional break-down in the first post makes perfect sense to me. Dish has Pac-12, so of course they do better in the West. Directv has the New York RSNs and NBC Sports Boston, so they do better in the East. As for those who complain about losing their local channels, if they are upset enough, they probably switch providers before the survey is taken, so they would not be counted as current subscribers of the provider they left.

Then you are truly blessed!

Perhaps. Even during the Siebel fiasco of 2003, I found AT&T customer service experience to be excellent. Compared to Verizon, where I have been mostly treated like I wasn't worth their time if I wasn't buying a new phone every two months, AT&T seemed pretty good. With DirecTV, I almost felt like the CSRs were lonely or something and just wanted to keep me on the line. FWIW: I live in the South region. We have lost a channel here or there, but we know that it is all about Dish trying to keep our prices from going up any more than necessary, so it is worth it.

When I had Dish it was always a pleasure calling customer service, always took care of me and threw freebies at me. DirecTV on the other hand...I'd rather get wisdom teeth pulled.

With most vendors, there is somebody you can get to who can get a deal done. With DTV (ATT) there isn't a way to get to somebody in the US with the power to do anything. At least not that I've found. My company transferred all 8 business phone lines to Comcast and we use Youtube TV and OTA for video. I haven't missed ATT for a single moment. They have blatently lied to me regarding contracts, they don't apply promised adjustments and credits, and they use shady negotiating tactics with their customers. DISH is like Mother Teresa compared to DTV/ATT.

I know Claude Greiner will scold me for this opinion. But trust me, ATT has never ever came through for me. DISH has, time and time again. I now have personal contacts in the back office who can get things done and they do it politely and quickly. ATT can kiss my hairy rear end :biggrin

With most vendors, there is somebody you can get to who can get a deal done. With DTV (ATT) there isn't a way to get to somebody in the US with the power to do anything. At least not that I've found. My company transferred all 8 business phone lines to Comcast and we use Youtube TV and OTA for video. I haven't missed ATT for a single moment. They have blatently lied to me regarding contracts, they don't apply promised adjustments and credits, and they use shady negotiating tactics with their customers. DISH is like Mother Teresa compared to DTV/ATT.

I know Claude Greiner will scold me for this opinion. But trust me, ATT has never ever came through for me. DISH has, time and time again. I now have personal contacts in the back office who can get things done and they do it politely and quickly. ATT can kiss my hairy rear end :biggrin
Where is the "Double Like" button? I want to "Like" this post again. :biggrin

When it was truly AT&T customer service wasn't bad, especially for business customers, but when Cingular bought AT&T they adopted the AT&T name but kept the "stellar" support that Cingular was always known for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts