Dish Blows, both 722's recordings erased!!

Riker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
I have been with dish for about 10 years. And I am about a hair away from leaving. About a week ago one of my 722 was being watch by my wife and kids. About 10 minutes after they were done I turned it on and started to delete some recordings. After the second round (I've noticed if I delete anything more than about 10 at a time it will crap out and reboot) of deleting the screen popped up when it was done and only two recordings were left. All 25 hours of new hd recordings gone. Dish has no explanation what so ever. They sent me a new receiver. This morning same thing happened to my other 722. All recordings gone. Talked to dish and they are clueless. Their response was wasting my time and they are sending me a new one.
Has anyone else have this issue?
THanks
R.

I know you will probably knee-jerk negatively, but you mentioned your kids. Too many hands on the remote? I have a friend who has had similar problems.

Yeah, I had that happen to me once when I was trying to clean up a little. It's not the receiver, it's operator error. Easy mistake to do on any computer. Unfortunately there is no "recycle bin". Now I try to be very methodical and patient when deleting. It's just tv, certainly not enough to deem that an entire corp. blows.

Oh, and btw, Dish rocks!

How do you delete more than one show at a time on the receiver? I only get the option to select multiple shows on my EHD.

How do you delete more than one show at a time on the receiver? I only get the option to select multiple shows on my EHD.
He COULD have been referring to show groups, which can be deleted entirely...edit/select all/delete.

He COULD have been referring to show groups, which can be deleted entirely...edit/select all/delete.

I have not seen those choices with the groups. Is it right there in front of me and I'm ignoring it or do you select something?

It does sound like operator error if whole folders can be deleted at a time.

I have not seen those choices with the groups. Is it right there in front of me and I'm ignoring it or do you select something?
Yes. Open up the group, showing all the programs. Hit Edit, select all, delete. Let me hear a "Well I'll be damned!":D

Actually the unit decided to erase all the shows after me telling it to delete just my kids show "Justice League". There was like 5 of the shows, grouped and selected. Delete was executed, confirm screen came up and then once it left the DVR menu was left empty. All my CSI, 24, etc gone. It happened in a similar way to my other 722. Dish has concluded they are hard drive failures and have sent me replacements. But both about a week apart?

Ah, so they still haven't fixed that bug. It bit me back at L614. Since then, I avoid this option like the Plague.

"Select All" means "Select All" - EVERYTHING - even if what you currently have shown on the screen is not "All" but a subset. Don't use it unless you really intend to "Select All."

The fact that the CSRs decided it was "hard drive failure" and replaced your receiver just points out a problem in their CSR training.

Last edited:
Why delete shows? I just let them roll off and get deleted automatically. If I want the show I either lock it or move it to EHD. I have only used the delete button a couple of times. I am lazy and just let it take care of itself.

I delete shows as I watch them usually. If I am going to delete more than one show at a time I use the "edit" feature. I will not pay $40 to "un-hobble" a feature the receiver already has. I would probably use the feature but not for $40. Not when I already pay over $140 a month for service.

See ya
Tony

I have been with dish for about 10 years. And I am about a hair away from leaving. About a week ago one of my 722 was being watch by my wife and kids. About 10 minutes after they were done I turned it on and started to delete some recordings. After the second round (I've noticed if I delete anything more than about 10 at a time it will crap out and reboot) of deleting the screen popped up when it was done and only two recordings were left. All 25 hours of new hd recordings gone. Dish has no explanation what so ever. They sent me a new receiver. This morning same thing happened to my other 722. All recordings gone. Talked to dish and they are clueless. Their response was wasting my time and they are sending me a new one.
Has anyone else have this issue?
THanks
R.

Next time talk to tech support, they are more informed, usually speak English (without an accent:D), and will actually attempt to trouble shoot a cust issue, rather than reading off a script. Also, look at the 722 manual, you might learn some new things about the 722. I always thought that Dish can turn out a manual that's easy enough for the average joe or jane to understand, why can't they train the first line csr's a little better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts