Dish callout failing

kcolg30

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
earth
Can someone please check to see if they can call out to view your bill via the phone line. My fails at retrieving the info, but is able to call out OK.

Thanks

After spending a lot of time with several customer representatives I found out that apparently if you have an Internet connection and a phone line connected you are not allowed to see your bill. You have to disconnect the Internet. I complained about this since they were no longer sending me a bill. Because of my complaint they sent me a bill in the mail for several months (even though we have auto pay) but this have since stopped doing it.

It's clear that they don't want you to see your bill (either on paper of the TV) because your might not like what you see.

After spending a lot of time with several customer representatives I found out that apparently if you have an Internet connection and a phone line connected you are not allowed to see your bill. You have to disconnect the Internet. I complained about this since they were no longer sending me a bill. Because of my complaint they sent me a bill in the mail for several months (even though we have auto pay) but this have since stopped doing it.

It's clear that they don't want you to see your bill (either on paper of the TV) because your might not like what you see.
You can view your statements online. :up

You are saying you can see your statements while you have both an Internet and phone line connection? I couldn't and several customer representatives told me I would have to disconnect the Internet.

You can view your statements online. :up

If you are connected to broadband, that is why. What you are trying to do requires a landline telephone or Vonage.

Did you not read the part that says "via phone line"...No where did I say I was connected via broadband. Reading helps before posting.

Did you not read the part that says "via phone line"...No where did I say I was connected via broadband. Reading helps before posting.

Let's see, you said the same thing over at the other site, and when you got the same answers came back with the same cocky "did you read the part..." line. Maybe it is the way you asked the original question that is the problem, not their answers, considering you got the same answers on two different sites. :rolleyes:

Let's see, you said the same thing over at the other site, and when you got the same answers came back with the same cocky "did you read the part..." line. Maybe it is the way you asked the original question that is the problem, not their answers, considering you got the same answers on two different sites. :rolleyes:

I do not know how the hell someone could not understand my question. Did I say I was using broadband, a satellite phone, a FAX machine, or a Hayes 1200 BPS modem...NO I clearly said a "phone line". The other posters failed to read/understand the post (Similar to what the useless DISH CSR reps are trained) and assumed that I was connecting using another method.

I do not know how the heck someone could not understand my question. Did I say I was using broadband, a satellite phone, a FAX machine, or a Hayes 1200 BPS modem...NO I clearly said a "phone line". The other posters failed to read/understand the post (Similar to what the useless DISH CSR reps are trained) and assumed that I was connecting using another method.

Your comeback is a little rough. Take the feed back and run with it.

ok, i got it. you only have phoneline connected. have you tried unplugging the phoneline from the back of the receiver and hooking a regular phone into it to test for dial tone and clarity? make sure there is no issue with that particular jack and cord?

also, if you have dsl services, there might be too much "dsl noise" in the phoneline for the modem to function correctly. perhaps a dsl filter is needed or if you already have one, try changing it out. they can fail over time.

next item to check is do you have a voip phone system? some broadband phone carriers do not support analog modems over their system. i believe vonage can if you program your receiver to dial *99 first. (this can be done at menu 6-1-4 in most receivers). perhaps recently your provider no longer provides analog modem coverage over their system and they previously did. or did you recently have a receiver replaced and its not working since then? maybe the prefix your carrier requires has not been entered.

and of course, it could always simply be the modem in the receiver itself, or the problem could be completely on dishes side of the phone line. maybe their servers which support the receivers are not working correctly. look how many times the dishnetork website goes down.

hope you find your resolution soon. keep us posted.

Can someone please check to see if they can call out to view your bill via the phone line. My fails at retrieving the info, but is able to call out OK.

Thanks

this is very common comes and goes for no apparent reason, and effects both of my 722s at same time.

its a E issue perhaps a too small caspability somehow?

its not just phone line its also ethernet receiver connected.

pretty dumb you owe a bill want to pay and cant get connected......

this is very common comes and goes for no apparent reason, and effects both of my 722s at same time.

its a E issue perhaps a too small caspability somehow?

Apparently the issue has been resolved since I am now able to connect and view my bill. The issue was never with the phone line, or receiver since I was able to order PPV and purge the PPV purchases by doing a call out. The unit is a 722K.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts