Dish can go F$@% themselves

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kluken

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
so I was a customer for 14 years, gave them over $15K over that time. I left 7 months ago because is was sick of the nickel and diming and got a good bundle from Comcast. Well in 7 months of Comcast I have had more outages and interruptions. Than all the rain fade over 15 years with Dish.

So I call dish and they offer me Flex for $50 a month two year lock. Of course they want $40 for voice remote and $30 for OTA. I get them to throw in remote, and they are out of OTA due to another dispute start signing up then they give me this BS that I ne d to pay $50 for Hopper 3 because of my credit check? I saw WTF? My score is over 800 on all the services and no debt other than my mortgage and make very good money. The guy says it is what it is and tell them to take a flying leap. I can do I to any car dealer and get $50K car lease with no money down, but Dish even with my cr sit card number feels I am a risk with their $300 Hopper. What has Charlie created? He has lost focus on the fact that he needs satisfied customers, nickel and diming them, constant channel blackouts, no wonder why Dish is down and the crappy Comcast is neutral or up.

I love the idea of the Hopper 3, but maybe an ATT triple play is my better play and farewell to Charlie.

so I was a customer for 14 years, gave them over $15K over that time. I left 7 months ago because is was sick of the nickel and diming and got a good bundle from Comcast. Well in 7 months of Comcast I have had more outages and interruptions. Than all the rain fade over 15 years with Dish.

So I call dish and they offer me Flex for $50 a month two year lock. Of course they want $40 for voice remote and $30 for OTA. I get them to throw in remote, and they are out of OTA due to another dispute start signing up then they give me this BS that I ne d to pay $50 for Hopper 3 because of my credit check? I saw WTF? My score is over 800 on all the services and no debt other than my mortgage and make very good money. The guy says it is what it is and tell them to take a flying leap. I can do I to any car dealer and get $50K car lease with no money down, but Dish even with my cr sit card number feels I am a risk with their $300 Hopper. What has Charlie created? He has lost focus on the fact that he needs satisfied customers, nickel and diming them, constant channel blackouts, no wonder why Dish is down and the crappy Comcast is neutral or up.

I love the idea of the Hopper 3, but maybe an ATT triple play is my better play and farewell to Charlie.
If you want to go with Flex, then buy a Hopper 3. I know that they are expensive($229.99 at Solid Signal), but it will belong to you. Maybe eBay has them at a cheaper price, just check with DIRT to make sure that nothing is owed on them(if you go eBay) & that you can in fact activate them to your account. I just don't see Dish giving you or anybody a Hopper 3 on a Flex account. You need to buy your own first & tell Dish that you already have one when setting up a Flex account.

How they qualify you includes the credit score but has other elements, most of which are top secret. You're probably a lower rating with Dish because you left recently and you're a 'former'.

If you have a good local retailer you should give them a call. I'm sure they'll work something out that you'll like. :)

Sounds like you don't have the credit you thought you did.

You've struck out with Comcst, DISH doesn't want you back except on their terms. Guess Directv is last resort except streaming.

And when I go to their web site and select everything and say I have excellent or good credit it does not attempt to charge me for the H3. Only if I say Average credit (which an 800+ score is not average) does it want $50 up front. So clearly they have an issue with their system. I just checked my scores and they are 807 and 814 so either they are pulling a switch of they have a system problem, either way the guy's attitude(he returned a call from my email to CEO) was bad and he could care less if I came back. With Dish losing people you would think they woudl want to gain back people they had for 15 years that paid their bill flawlessly ahead of time every time.

While I prefer to do Dish for the H3, DirecTV will give me Select (145 channels) and 45mbs Uverse with no data caps for $100 a month with all fees included (Genie plus a second room) and price locked for 2 years. I will likely head to the ATT store and check this out as if I bundle in my cell then I get unlimited (throttled after 22GB) of cell service as well. And Directv will offer streaming soon.

I would say to try one more time with someone from the DIRT team, but perhaps if you've already been in contact with the CEO office, DIRT might not be able to help any more than they could. Might not hurt to try though, if you really want Dish and the H3.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The free upgrade to Hopper3 program is over. $50 up front is a good deal. Not only that you are selecting the low cost Flex option. Geez! What do you want? OTA adapters and voice remotes are not free.

The free upgrade to Hopper3 program is over. $50 up front is a good deal. Not only that you are selecting the low cost Flex option. Geez! What do you want? OTA adapters and voice remotes are not free.
Since when???

So if I go out and buy a Hopper 3, do they still charge the $15 DVR fee? $50 + $180/yr. pays for a Hopper pretty quick.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My guess is he hasn't been paying his bill in a timely manner or he is constantly calling up Dish asking for credits.

I know Dish always welcomes me back with open arms when I decide to return, and it is always with a very generous new customer bonus as well. Paying your bills on time has its rewards.

I know Dish always welcomes me back with open arms when I decide to return, and it is always with a very generous new customer bonus as well. Paying your bills on time has its rewards.

I was a DISH customer from 1996 to 2007. Upper tier of programming. Autopaid since they introduced the feature. Never had a late bill. When I call to ask about going back, they still have me on file (don't think they ever delete anyone). But all I get is the standard pricing, plus additional fees. Thanks, but no thanks.

Well, you should have applied as a new customer. That was your fault I am afraid.

I have a $100 referral code for you if you want it plus much more.

I called up a couple of weeks ago and they unexpectedly offered me HBO/Cinemax for only $5 a month. Don't know how I got on their "good customer" list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.