Dish CEO Office fails to honor verbal contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
OK--so let the CSR know you are recording the conversation and why--maybe they will think twice before making these bogus offers or also ask for upper management confirmation or an email confirmation of the offer.

If they don't do this, we must make a formal complaint through our State's Attorney General and PUC and the FTC.

If we continue to put up with this type of outright fraud and misrepresentation, we will just get more and more of it.

I was having similar problems at one time with a C-Band programmer and I took the complaint to Consumer Reports (Consumers Union)--I wouldn't hesistate to do the same with Dish Network.

Consumer's Report will send surveys out to all its subscribers and then print the results in the next issue of Consumer Reports.

Just printing our concerns in these forums is not enough to get anyting changed--it must be repeatedly publicized and prioritized to government agencies and to local dealers, as well.

The original poster certainly gave DISH their paybacks in his decision about a company AV provider, but that may not help the bulk of DISH customers who, again, don't care about quality, just quantity.

Considering that dish and Echostar waited until AFTER Christmas to announce the obsolence of the 942 and their other HD receivers and then decided to keep selling them, and still are, with no disclaimer would make them at best unethical and at worst out and out crooks.

bnaivar said:
It's illegal to tape a conversation without notifying the parties in advance that the conversation is going to be recorded. You must then get permission to record from the second party verbally at the start of the recording before anything else is said.
That is not entirely true. The laws pertaining to this vary from state to state.
This link will explain the laws of your particular jurisdiction.
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

Taking my personal experience into consideration for a business decision is not sour grapes. As a representative of my business, I must be concerned about such things as the integrity and willingness to honor contracts, whether they be written or verbal, of my business's suppliers.

In this case, I have first hand evidence that even a long-term, reliable customer can not trust representatives of the Dish CEO office to honor a verbal contract. Verbal contracts are legal contracts, they are just more difficult to enforce. That is a concern to my business. If I need to contact Dish with problems with a potential business contract, I'll never be able to communicate directly with Charlie Ergen, so I would again be dealing with his representatives.

In my case the person who contacted me did give me their name and did specifically identify themselves as working out of the CEO office. When they made the offer, they stated that "it would be no problem." They acted like they had full authority to do so.

If I know that Dish does not honor commitments, then I would be doing my business a disservice if I were to ignore that knowledge when negotiating on their behalf. As it is likely that the costs will be very similiar between E* and D*, the end decision may well come down to a factor like trustworthiness.

In this situation, there is some existing "leaning" toward selecting D* anyway, from the members of the project team, although I could override this and go with E*. At this point in time, I'm not very inclined to do so.

What I am not going to do is to contact Dish again and attempt to use my employer as a lever toward getting my personal situation resolved. Either they stand behind their commitments or they don't. Such a thing should not be based upon how profitable it is to be honorable.

Last edited:
I posted my experience, why, because I hope that if someone is leaning toward Direct Tv or Dish, then just maybe I can tip the scales. If 10 people go Direct or cable because of my post, then it was worth it.

It's pretty obvious they have a good history of treating current customers like trash.

I even mentioned this to our local installer and he said Dish was getting worse by the day in customer service. He had lost many long time customers because of their treatment. He said he was almost at the point where he was ashamed to sell the product.

Last edited:
Tom I apologize if I overreacted to your post. I had read the first one and took it as typical in dealing with CSRs. The second one I reacted to--iapprriately it appears.

For what it is worth am a new Dish customer (this week) having dropped D* for pretty much the same reasons.

Sad but it's an out of the frying pan and into the fire situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts