Dish Changed their Story on HD Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
I had a friend get a Dish HD install, and Dish seemed to change story after first install.......Any suggestions....and what's actually being offered for his case?

So I called DISH in December and then again a few days ago concerning an upgrade to HD receiver and programming. They said I would have to pay $199 per HD receiver and only the first one would earn a $100 check or rebate. My roommate agreed. They said I would have to have the first installed and then call to make an appointment for the second one. First one was installed. So, I called to make the appointment for the second HD receiver 30 minutes ago. They said the DISH operator a couple of days ago was wrong. There is no way to get a second HD receiver for $199 even if they did not provide the $100 credit. So, I am certainly going to send a note of complaint as the operator who told me that had me on hold for 10 minutes and checked with someone...so at least him and his supervisor were wrong. Now, my roommate will have to spend $598 or whatever to get an HD receiver and the only fair thing for me to do is to pay for half of the difference between $199 and $598.

So, any recommendations as to where to get the HD recording receiver now that roommate has to buy one? Would just getting TIVO work?

Give us more info on your set-up how long have you been with dish, do you own or lease the receivers(well it is obvoius that you lease the new HD), but what about the receivers before and which ones do you have.

However no you probaly want get a second one for $199.

Here is some more information from my friend:

We've been with DISH for 4.5 years. DISH messages always thanked us for being one of DISH's best customers. We have had the America's 180 package plus two movie packs and a minimum monthly bill of about $96. Have leased the four receivers. Each of us has one TV in a bedroom and each of us having a livingroom or den area with a TV. Total 4 receivers.

After the new HD receiver install this week we have two basic receivers, plus one basic receiver with 60-hour DVR, and the new HD receiver with DVR. The 60-hour DVR has programming on it we don't want to lose. The plan had been to now replace the two basic receivers with a second HD receiver with DVR that would work with two TV's. We signed up for the Platinum HD plan with the HD receiver order.

Also, the DISH rep from early December made no mention of any problem getting two HD receivers. The rep on Jan. 9 just said we would have to do it in two appointments, the second appointment request being called in to DISH as soon as the first job was done by DISH. The DISH rep on Friday, the 12th, said all of that was in the record posted by the Jan. 9 rep.

dish does not sell recievers, and you can only lease 1 hd receiver i'm pretty sure

so you should buy a second dish receiver from a retailer like www.dishstore.net and that costs $199

and the $100 credit is for programming, not for receivers

no, you can purchase a 622 for $479

the 211 is currently priced $245

but i think you can lease both a 622 and a 211, but you deffinetly cannot lease 2 622s

TiVo does not make a HD TiVo that will work with Dish Network. They make a DirectV HD receiver and there series III HD TiVo only works with cable cards.

no, you can purchase a 622 for $479

the 211 is currently priced $245

but i think you can lease both a 622 and a 211, but you deffinetly cannot lease 2 622s

I just went through the two HD reciever thing today. I have a 211 and a non HD multi TV reciever. I wanted to get a 222 but no one could tell me where to get one. I offered to lease the 622 but they told me that I already upgraded and had to wait until the first HD upgrade was a year old. They want another 18 month commitment and not enough time had lapsed for them guarantee making money on the box. The end result is I wait for 3-4 months and hope they are offering a deal, or I go buy one. As usual I called several times to get someone competent and the story I just relayed was the most plausable of several. Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts