Dish channel move suggestions

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I know Dish recently moved Nat Geo to channel 197.
Currently there is the Yule log on channel 198.
Wonder if Dish plans on moving Nat Geo Wild to ch 198 after Yule log goes away?
It would make sense and would put the channels close together.

On another note, they could replace Nat Geo Wilds location (now) channel 190
with PIXEL current channel 388.
This would have all the Hallmark channels in close proximity.
My wife is always complaining wishing that PIXEL ,was closer to the Hallmark channels and not so far away in the guide.

Reactions: pattykay
hi you know there is a feature where you can make a favorites list. you can choose the channels you want and input it into a favorite list, that way you have frequently use channels in your favorites list. you can even name it what ever you want. like say my wifes list *her name*.
You get to choose the channels you want in your favorite list, you add only what you want and name it what you want. you can change and add channels when ever you want. good feature.

i made a list like that before.
I am sure they still have that feature. I have not use that feature in while though, but there should be a way to do that. I did it while ago.

Reactions: oljim60
hi you know there is a feature where you can make a favorites list. you can choose the channels you want and input it into a favorite list, that way you have frequently use channels in your favorites list. you can even name it what ever you want. like say my wifes list *her name*.
You get to choose the channels you want in your favorite list, you add only what you want and name it what you want. you can change and add channels when ever you want. good feature.

I am sure they still have that feature. I have not use that feature in while though, but there should be a way to do that. I did it while ago.
It's too bad u can't customize locations and channel numbers

That feature is still available and works very well.

Being a sports fan, the thing I would change would be the sports channel numbers with the RSN's and alternates. Although findable, it is a little chaotic and could be organized a little more. The hopper does a little better job with grouping some of the channels, but the way DirecTV has the alternate channels as subchannels for the main RSN is far superior to the random alt. channels for all the RSN's.

Being a sports fan, the thing I would change would be the sports channel numbers with the RSN's and alternates. Although findable, it is a little chaotic and could be organized a little more. The hopper does a little better job with grouping some of the channels, but the way DirecTV has the alternate channels as subchannels for the main RSN is far superior to the random alt. channels for all the RSN's.
I agree. With the Hopper interface, Fox Sports San Diego is listed after all of the alternates, instead of being grouped with the other regular RSN's. For this channel, the non-Hopper grouping is better and easier to find.

Reactions: zippyfrog
I agree. With the Hopper interface, Fox Sports San Diego is listed after all of the alternates, instead of being grouped with the other regular RSN's. For this channel, the non-Hopper grouping is better and easier to find.

Yeah, that is no good...My thought would be that instead of the Alts all being between 412-28 to 412-42 on the hopper, or 440 to 454 on the VIP receivers, there would be an alt. between each RSN. So for example, on VIP Receivers, 413 is Altitude, 414 would be an Alt for Altitude Plus, 415 would be AT&T RM, 416 would be an Alt for AT&T RM, 417 would be FS Arizona, 418 would be Alt for FS Arizona, etc. There would at least be consistency for what channel number the alt channels would be for each RSN. Then maybe have a couple of extra alts at the bottom for any remaining alts.

The other thing I don't get is the adult channels on 480-499 then you have the Big10, SEC, and Pac12 alts 588-597. I would move those sport Alt channels into the 480-499 range and put the adult channels in the 580-599 range (as that makes more sense as they are PPV or add-ons just as the PPV movies are). Move a couple of center ice and Extra inning channels around to fit them all.

The other thing I don't get is the adult channels on 480-499 then you have the Big10, SEC, and Pac12 alts 588-597. I would move those sport Alt channels into the 480-499 range and put the adult channels in the 580-599 range (as that makes more sense as they are PPV or add-ons just as the PPV movies are). Move a couple of center ice and Extra inning channels around to fit them all.
If Dish has no intention of bringing back the HD PPV movie channels that were recently removed, maybe the adult channels could move to the 516-525 range, right in the middle of the PPV channels. I suppose the Adult Guard Lock channel would have to remain on channel 480 for people who use that feature, or else Dish would have to heavily publicize the Adult Guard Lock channel moving to channel 525, or 580 as you suggested, or some other easy to find channel number.

Yeah, that is no good...My thought would be that instead of the Alts all being between 412-28 to 412-42 on the hopper, or 440 to 454 on the VIP receivers, there would be an alt. between each RSN. So for example, on VIP Receivers, 413 is Altitude, 414 would be an Alt for Altitude Plus, 415 would be AT&T RM, 416 would be an Alt for AT&T RM, 417 would be FS Arizona, 418 would be Alt for FS Arizona, etc. There would at least be consistency for what channel number the alt channels would be for each RSN. Then maybe have a couple of extra alts at the bottom for any remaining alts.

Would just be really nice to have all the sport channels lumped together. Everything from ESPN through the RSN’s