dish charge for program changes?

ehurlbut

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Hi,

I am a current dish customer and about 1 year through my 18 month commitment. I am looking to drop HBO and Cinemax from my package as i dont watch them enough to warrant the cost. Will i be charged for the changes as i have a commitment or can i drop it for nothing?

Thanks!

I have changed my programming a few times over the last year, including a few downgrades and I have never been charged on any of them. I have also been a customer for 13 years which might have a factor :confused:.

I know they added a downgrade charge in the not too distant past.... however I don't THINK it applies to cancelling of premium channels...... Only if you downgrade your Base Package .... i.e. going from Top 250 to Top 200. In either case, it is $5.00, one time.

The 24/18 commitment only requires that you keep at LEAST Dish Family.... which is the cheapest package. Meaning the only thing you really aren't allowed to downgrade to is local channels only.

As with anything else with Dish though... it all depends on which CSR you get.

They charge $5.00 for any downgrade of programming, and have done this for a few years now. The $5.00 charge is per call, not per channel or package. If you drop HBO it's $5.00. If you drop HBO, Showtime, and Starz all on the same call it's $5.00.

They do it to discourage people from signing up for a channel or package just to see one thing and then turning right around and dropping what they just added. They were having too many people add HBO, Showtime, etc just to see a fight, concert, or some other special event and then turning around and dropping the channel a day or two later after they saw the event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)