Dish chats

j_perry_31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Ashtabula, OH
(04EP) chris O: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
me: I was wondering if it is true about Dish adding new HD channels in February?
(04EP) chris O: I can look into that for you.
me: Thanks
(04EP) chris O: Ok. There will be no channels added in February.
me: Do you know if they will be adding channels in the future?
(04EP) chris O: I am sure but at this time there are no details or dates for that.
me: Okay thanks
(04EP) chris O: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!

I just chatted with this guy. Anyone else getting results like this?

How about this one.......

(05-03) Perry B: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
Derek Spudich: Yes, I am curious as an HD customer on what the status is of receiving more HD channels in the near future?
(05-03) Perry B: I would be happy to provide you with that information. I do want to let you know if you would like to start the order for the upgrade please call us at 1-800-333-3474. The reason we recommend this is because credit card information is required and this is not a secure site for that type of sensitive information.
(05-03) Perry B: What type of HD receiver are you interested in? A HD Receiver that records, a HD receiver that works 2 rooms, or a basic HD receiver?
Derek Spudich: I already have an VIP 722 receiver.
(05-03) Perry B: Ok
(05-03) Perry B: What type of HD receiver are you interested in? A HD Receiver that records, a HD receiver that works 2 rooms, or a basic HD receiver?
Derek Spudich: Are you serious? I just told you I have a Vip 722 receiver.
(05-03) Perry B: And what do you want to add?
Derek Spudich: I don't want to add anything. I am asking if there are going to be any HD channels added in the near future.
(05-03) Perry B: No addition of HD channels have been released.
(05-03) Perry B: Who knows what the future one are.
(05-03) Perry B: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this win

(04EP) chris O: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
me: I was wondering if it is true about Dish adding new HD channels in February?
(04EP) chris O: I can look into that for you.
me: Thanks
(04EP) chris O: Ok. There will be no channels added in February.
me: Do you know if they will be adding channels in the future?
(04EP) chris O: I am sure but at this time there are no details or dates for that.
me: Okay thanks
(04EP) chris O: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!

I just chatted with this guy. Anyone else getting results like this?

Someone posted a chat that was essentially the opposite, saying there would be new channels "around" but not ON Feb. 1, but did not say which ones.

Derek Spudich: I already have an VIP 722 receiver.
(05-03) Perry B: Ok
Derek Spudich: Are you serious? I just told you I have a Vip 722 receiver.
Made my morning... Too dang funny!

For what it's worth here is my chat:

(03)John A: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
me: Hi John, I am an HD subscriber and have heard rumors that new HD channels may be coming as of Feb 1st along with the new pricing tiers. Are new hd channels going to be availale tomorrow?(
03)John A: We are positive of this and are waiting for the new channel line up as well.
(03)John A: I would appreciate if you bear with us while we have this new line up updated tomorrow.
me: You think new hd channels will be available tomorrow?(
03)John A: I wish we had this information.
(03)John A: But we are always looking to add more HD channels
.(03)John A: This information is only updated with us tomorrow.
me: if you were to guess what new channels we might get what would that guess be?
(03)John A: I am really sorry, I do not have a hint of that.
(03)John A: I wish I was able to have a go at that.
me: ok, thanks. I hope to get a few new channels tomorrow.
(03)John A: For sure we have a new pricing structure for our HD line up.
(03)John A: You are welcome.
(03)John A: We are eagerly waiting for this line up to be disclosed as well.
(03)John A: Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
You have been connected to (05-03) David A.
(05-03) David A: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
Abad Muhammed: hi
(05-03) David A: Hello.
Abad Muhammed: I was wondering about your HD programming packages
(05-03) David A: Ok.
(05-03) David A: You will need to have an HD receiver to get them.
Abad Muhammed: what do you have to offer?
(05-03) David A: I would be happy to provide you with that information. I do want to let you know if you would like to start the order for the upgrade please call us at 1-800-333-3474. The reason we recommend this is because credit card information is required and this is not a secure site for that type of sensitive information.
Abad Muhammed: what kind of HD receiver would I need to get?
(05-03) David A: You can choose from HD receivers that work one or two TV's and also get DVR too.
Abad Muhammed: sawwweet
Abad Muhammed: so which packages do you offer for these TV?
(05-03) David A: HD is offered based on American Top packages.
Abad Muhammed: which channels are currently offered in HD?
(05-03) David A: Please go to our website DISH Network -- Home to see our list.
(05-03) David A: Is there anything else I can do for you?
Abad Muhammed: yes
Abad Muhammed: i was wondering
Abad Muhammed: which new channels do you plan on offering?
Abad Muhammed: i hear more will be coming in feb 2008
(05-03) David A: The notes don't verify the removal of it, since 2005.
(05-03) David A: Excuse me.
Abad Muhammed: what?
Abad Muhammed: what are you talking about?
(05-03) David A: I have heard of 25 new channels being offered in Feb.
Abad Muhammed: 25? wow thats a bunch
Abad Muhammed: which ones?
(05-03) David A: But I am not sure which channels are going to be added.
Abad Muhammed: you dont even have a hint?
Abad Muhammed: can you give me hints
Abad Muhammed: ?
Abad Muhammed: and i CAN guess which ones
(05-03) David A: The only one I know for sure is The Speed channel.
Abad Muhammed: thats a really good channel
(05-03) David A: The rest haven't been disclosed.
Abad Muhammed: how much extra will it cost to get the new 25 channels?
(05-03) David A: Nothing extra, if you subscribe to HD they will be included.
Abad Muhammed: I hear rumor of a $10 HD package
Abad Muhammed: what is included in the $10 package?
(05-03) David A: It's true, it will be less HD channels than the $20 pack. But again that information hasn't been disclosed entirely yet.
Abad Muhammed: do you know how many channels total is offered in the $20 package compared to the $10 one?
(05-03) David A: No, but if you check our website you can see what they offer, when that package is available.
Abad Muhammed: is it available tomorrow?
(05-03) David A: :Let me check.
(05-03) David A: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere. Unfortunately we are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when due to legalities. For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/whats_on_dish/programming_guides/HD_Channel_Lineup.pdf

Abad Muhammed: awesome
Abad Muhammed: that you
Abad Muhammed: thank
(05-03) David A: You're very welcome.
(05-03) David A: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day.
spacer.gif

Ok, here's mine....gave me a chuckle. He did say 25 in February, of course that could have been a ploy to stop me from complaining.

(05-03) David A: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
Me: Hello David, I am wondering about HD additions that I hear are on the horizon for February, can you confirm this?
(05-03) David A: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
Me: Afterall, since Dish claims to the "the leader in HD" (which is clearly not true), I would expect you guys to add some more channels
Me: thanks
(05-03) David A: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere. Unfortunately we are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when due to legalities. For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/whats_on_dish/programming_guides/HD_Channel_Lineup.pdf
(05-03) David A: That
Me: ok, I don't need a canned response to my question..thanks
(05-03) David A: That's not a claim, its a Fact.
Me: it is?
(05-03) David A: Do you have it yet?
Me: is that why DirecTV has loads more channels?
(05-03) David A: Loads, there finally even with us.
(05-03) David A: It only took two years.
Me: I am want to know if my hard earned money is going to be paying for more HD channel choices, and frankly right now I do not see that with Dish, can you confirm that ANY will be added to go with the new HD pricing set to start tomorrow?
(05-03) David A: I have HD, it's awesome and we have the best DVR on the market.
Me: I agree about the DVR, it is great, however the channel choices are kind of lacking compared to Direct
Me: can you just confirm that we'll be seeing any in Feb? Thats all I'm wanting to know
(05-03) David A: HD selection is important, but you should also consider the technology of the products. Our HD receiver is a 5th generation, DirecTV is on their first.
Me: You dont have to disclose names
(05-03) David A: Yes 25 channels are being added in Feb.
Me: Great
Me: Thats what I was wanting to know
Me: thanks for your help
Me: that is it

Ok, here's mine....gave me a chuckle. He did say 25 in February, of course that could have been a ploy to stop me from complaining.

Me: Hello David, I am wondering about HD additions that I hear are on the horizon for February, can you confirm this?
(05-03) David A: I'd be happy to assist you with that. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
Me: Afterall, since Dish claims to the "the leader in HD" (which is clearly not true), I would expect you guys to add some more channels
Me: thanks
(05-03) David A: That
Me: ok, I don't need a canned response to my question..thanks
(05-03) David A: That's not a claim, its a Fact.
Me: it is?
(05-03) David A: Do you have it yet?
Me: is that why DirecTV has loads more channels?
(05-03) David A: Loads, there finally even with us.
(05-03) David A: It only took two years.
Me: I am want to know if my hard earned money is going to be paying for more HD channel choices, and frankly right now I do not see that with Dish, can you confirm that ANY will be added to go with the new HD pricing set to start tomorrow?
(05-03) David A: I have HD, it's awesome and we have the best DVR on the market.
Me: I agree about the DVR, it is great, however the channel choices are kind of lacking compared to Direct
Me: can you just confirm that we'll be seeing any in Feb? Thats all I'm wanting to know
(05-03) David A: HD selection is important, but you should also consider the technology of the products. Our HD receiver is a 5th generation, DirecTV is on their first.
Me: You dont have to disclose names
(05-03) David A: Yes 25 channels are being added in Feb.
Me: Great
Me: Thats what I was wanting to know
Me: thanks for your help
Me: that is it

This one would have to go to the war zone if it was on here.:D

(03)Jack J: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
Brent Owens: I was wondering if Dish was planning on adding any new HD channels in February to coincide with the new HD packages that will be available tomorrow.
(03)Jack J: I will be glad to help you with that.
(03)Jack J: Let me inform you that we are launching new HD packages.
(03)Jack J: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere.
(03)Jack J: For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added
DISH Network -- Dish HD
Brent Owens: I know, but are there specific plans to add new channels tomorrow or some time next month?
(03)Jack J: Unfortunately we are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when as we do not have that information for legal purposes.
Brent Owens: but do you know if channels are being added, no specifics required
(03)Jack J: Yes, our engineers are working to add new HD channels.
Brent Owens: any specific time table?
(03)Jack J: I would request you to check back within couple of days.
Brent Owens: will something new be added by then?
(03)Jack J: Yes, I hope so.
Brent Owens: cool, thanks
(03)Jack J: You are welcome.

My question is what is this "can't disclose any specific channel information because of legal purposes" I have seen this a lot. Didn't Direct disclose many channels before its launch back in September?

My question is what is this "can't disclose any specific channel information because of legal purposes" I have seen this a lot. Didn't Direct disclose many channels before its launch back in September?
Yep, back on 1/8/07 at CES DirecTV issued a press release with specific channels listed DirecTV - Investor Relations - News Release . So maybe the legal reasons is that E* doesn't have a signed contract in place yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)