dish compatibility

rosebwhite

Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
merry hill
At my home I use a Dish network super dish. We have a vacation home that we go to some weekends during the summer and would like to know if we put up a dish network dish 500 satellite dish at our vacation home will it work with our receivers. Both dishes are dual LNB. Can we just carry our receivers back and forth so we won't have to pay another monthly fee.

The 500 will work with your receivers. If you were to do this, all of your receivers would need to be taken with you, and you would need to call and have your address updated every time you go to your vacation home.

I have 3 receivers at my home, but we don't ever use but one of them. And we don't have but one tv at our vacation home. So why can't we just carry one of the receivers that we hardly ever use instead of carrying all 3. And our vacation home is only 5 miles from our home, would we still have to call in the address?

If you do that, there would be service at 2 different addresses under one account, which violates our customer agreement. So for it to be legal, it needs to be all receivers in the home. You do need to call or chat in every time to update the address as well.

WE would not be using the receivers simultaneously, as we would only hook up the one receiver on the weekends. Wouldn't that be okay, because we would not have 3 tvs there to hook all of the receivers to.

WE would not be using the receivers simultaneously, as we would only hook up the one receiver on the weekends. Wouldn't that be okay, because we would not have 3 tvs there to hook all of the receivers to.
ignore this CSR, take the receiver with you, , the only thing you'll have to do it run a check switch when you hook it up at the cabin, and when you get home.Depending on how far your cabin is away from your home, your locals may not work... Don't tell Dish anything, and you'll have nothing to worry about..

It was only a matter of time before this practice came up against the Dish Internet team.. I respect what Matt is trying to say, and he is holding the company line correctly. It is against policy to have service in two locations on one account.. But.. Close your Ears Matt.. Sorry to do this.. Are they closed yet.. Good.. What Dish don't know won't hurt them.. You can open your ears again Matt.. But under no circumstances do I condone breaking Dish Policy.. :)

Well, 5 miles is not very far away (Albemarle sound?) if you're in Merry Hill, NC. You can do the thing that you want, but it's against policy, and you do take on a risk, that in the unlikely event of a Dish audit while at your vacation spot, 2 of your receivers could be turned into boat anchors for all of eternity.

Matt is quoting policy because it is part of his job. What he can't tell you is that people do it everday without consequences. It is almost the same as people that take one of their recs with them in an RV and leave the rest at home.

Since you will be within 5 miles, you should still get your locals with the right dish setup without ever having to call dish.

Again, I would say the company line of it being against the service agreement. Which of course would mean that the company has no obligation to service your system if you can not follow clearly established guidelines.

Outside the company lines, just don't ever need service and I'm sure you'll do whatever you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts