Dish Compatibility

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
Sorry if I didn't see this answer somewhere else. I currently have a dish 1000 plus (old DP style) with a wing dish at 61.5 for my locals. I have 1 hopper 2000 and 1 HWS each with 2 joeys.

I'm wanting to add a third hopper and 2 more joeys sometime in spring, hopefully the hopper 3 and 4K joeys. Will the dish system I have now work with the hopper 3?

First of all, you will not be able to have a "third Hopper" if you get the Hopper 3, it is currently one Hopper 3 per account. Also, you can't have your HWS units on the same account with the Hopper 3. As for the dish antennas that you have, they will be replaced with a 1000.2 Eastern Arc with the DPH LNBF. Your wing dish will be converted to receive 118 only to get the internationals, I assume that this is why you have the 1000 plus.

Thanks for the quick reply! Looks like I'll be sticking with the HD hoppers.
Any particular reason? You do know that the Hopper 3 has 16 tuners, if you have two HWS now and add one, that would be 9 tuners. Dish will replace the dishes for you and you can have up to 6 Joeys.

and, he has a 1000+ today, meaning he has international channels on 118. So, he will have a total of 3 dishes in that configuration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)