DISH confronts low customer satisfaction culture

As opposed to you only being in business to help people?

I never said anything about me.

You can't make any money being in business just to help people. Granted helping people is part of the job with any business, you still need customers to sign up or buy your products and services to make money so you can afford to help your customers after the sale.

Does Dish still provide that? I thought they dropped those CW feeds in the 900's during the Tribune dispute, and they never came back, even after the rest of the Tribune channels were restored.
I find it odd that you are complaining about not getting channels that are only carried in SD, since you just got through complaining about SD-only feeds in the previous paragraph.

He gets WPIX on 916 and also WPIX labeled as CW East on 919. It is the exact same feed, so I'm not sure why there are two channels. The SD only channels I mentioned such as CMT Music and Nick Music are only available as SD channels as Viacom doesn't have them in HD. BBC World News I think does have HD. My point was that the Top 250 should have every available basic channel Dish offers, being the top and most expensive package--especially with their recent $5 increase.

It's nearly all about the monthly bill. Than after that is a responsive MVPD. The only thing consumers seem to be saying and wanting to be heard is about PRICE and, to a somwhat lesser degree, CHOICE. For example, I would love the option to DROP all the sports channels and save money.

However, since Dish can't really do much about what consumers really want--price and choice, Dish has can only address the things over which they have real control--just about everything outside of programming costs.

Hey, Dish listent to this: I want to be able to mix any other supported Dish STB with a Hopper and/or H3 on a single account. This is in situations when one of our relatives lives with us between jobs or while working locally. I don't want her on anyone else on OUR Hopper or H3 Network. I would like them to get a ViP or Wally or whatever while we use our 2 HWS's or soon to come 2 H3's.

Somehow, I think Dish (Charlie) aint keen on hearing that and will pass on "listening" to what I just stated above. This is doable for Dish, not necessarily cheap, but doable. Considiring how many people on this forum left Dish for competitors becasue of STUPID Dish restrictions on installs that people wanted (well, some of us are willing to pay for it if it is uncommon), I can't help but feel the insincerity of the ad campaign. Of course, they said they would LISTEN, but not necessarily DO ANYTHING--but LISTEN.

Charlie, just regularlty visit this forum and "listen" to the legitimte gripes about not mixing Hoppers and other NEW STB's and other things that dissappoint your customers. Then listen to a broader group of people. I suspect focus groups, but just talking to people in the street could be good enough. It is more simple than Dish thinks.

Last edited:
Reactions: pattykay
Considering half my bill is equipment fees is it much to ask for the equipment to be bug free and if it does have bug it be addressed in timely manner. Actions are louder than words. Let's see if Dish is really listening.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

We get the 200 pak now. We looked into the flex pak and by the time we got the stations she wanted and I wanted i was about the same price as we were already paying. The bad part is u pay for a add on to get the one station you want and then 10 others you don't want. Also as someone mentioned the hopper fees are insanely high.

Nope. I do like Sling TV, but they don't offer Fox News at any price. If they offered Fox News by itself for, say, $5.00, I could pay $20 for the basics, $5.00 for Fox News, and then add the Sports Extra for another $5.00. At $30, I would still have no networks, no USA, and no WE. But Sling TV is out anyway because they don't offer Fox News at any price.
You do know for $30 PSVUE has most news channels (so called I should say) including Fox plus other popular channels.

Reactions: Gobucks
If DISH were listening, they would:
- give you a break on the equipment fees when you own rather than lease
- reduce or eliminate the "because we can" fees like DVR
- allow you to run any mix of receivers and LNBFs you want that is technically feasible (Hopper3 on EA Hybrid + 722 on WA 1000+ for example)
- make sure that every channel available (e.g. BBC World News) in FLEX is available in 250 or 200
- make every channel not available in FLEX (e.g. BBC America) an additional option
- make all the PI channels (CSPAN2 is not in FLEX) free on all packages for that matter

I'll admit, they were listening to me a little bit when they came up with the FLEX pack.

If DISH were listening, they would:
- give you a break on the equipment fees when you own rather than lease
- reduce or eliminate the "because we can" fees like DVR
- allow you to run any mix of receivers and LNBFs you want that is technically feasible (Hopper3 on EA Hybrid + 722 on WA 1000+ for example)
- make sure that every channel available (e.g. BBC World News) in FLEX is available in 250 or 200
- make every channel not available in FLEX (e.g. BBC America) an additional option
- make all the PI channels (CSPAN2 is not in FLEX) free on all packages for that matter

I'll admit, they were listening to me a little bit when they came up with the FLEX pack.
IF they gave a break on your equipment fees because you owned them I would be in hog heaven. I own all my receivers on all 3 DISH accounts. I think the Joeys should be no fees if you own them. Just like Tivo ,who charges no monthly fee on the mini tivos- which are just like Joeys. That would be great and would be received favorably by all .

Unfortunately any thing that interferes with DISH's bottom line is disregarded. FEES help them with their profits and their bottom line. That is why there are so many and they go up regularly.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Well, I sent Dish a 3000 word statement, just discussing my likes and my pet peeves.

And while they addressed my concerns to the best of their ability it seemed like an excellent tool ,and their communication was fantastic.
We exchanged several emails and discussed many topics and I've also gotten quite a bit of what seemed like positive recognition.

And since increased rate notification , was one of the topics, and they realized they never notified me of the increase in any of my billing statements as they claimed they did , prior to reviewing my statements.

They came right back with Free HBO for 6 months.

So with that in mind, if your January or February Bill doesn't show the notification of the February rate increase.

Make sure you get your free gift.

You do know for $30 PSVUE has most news channels (so called I should say) including Fox plus other popular channels.
Yes, and I do lean toward dumping DTVN ($35, no DVR) and adding PSVUE ($30, 28 day DVR) to my Welcome Pack. I just wish Dish gave me a reasonably-priced alternative to add Fox News to my Welcome Pack. The next package up is the Smart Pack, which is basically like the Welcome Pack with Fox News, but costs $22 more. $22 a month is way too much for Fox News channel! Instead of paying that extra money to Dish, I can just pay $30 to Sony and get a much better value than giving $42 to Dish for a bare-bones pack with Fox News channel. Seems like Dish actually wants me to put that extra money in another company's pocket. If Dish was smart, we wouldn't even be discussing all these other options on this forum. It used to be that Dish was recognized by most savvy satellite shoppers as a much better value than cable or DirecTV. Now it seems like Dish just wants their low-end customers to leave satellite TV altogether and take their money elsewhere.

Yes, and I do lean toward dumping DTVN ($35, no DVR) and adding PSVUE ($30, 28 day DVR) to my Welcome Pack. I just wish Dish gave me a reasonably-priced alternative to add Fox News to my Welcome Pack. The next package up is the Smart Pack, which is basically like the Welcome Pack with Fox News, but costs $22 more. $22 a month is way too much for Fox News channel! Instead of paying that extra money to Dish, I can just pay $30 to Sony and get a much better value than giving $42 to Dish for a bare-bones pack with Fox News channel. Seems like Dish actually wants me to put that extra money in another company's pocket. If Dish was smart, we wouldn't even be discussing all these other options on this forum. It used to be that Dish was recognized by most savvy satellite shoppers as a much better value than cable or DirecTV. Now it seems like Dish just wants their low-end customers to leave satellite TV altogether and take their money elsewhere.

I'm kind of like you trying to find the right combo with channels I watch. I keep going back to Welcome pkg for locals (NO OTA) with PSVUE . Now I've added additional $15 with H3 but find myself on PSVUE 80% of time. If I had OTA locals I would go full time PSVUE. Whats nice about the VUE its like having a 60+ tuner receiver you can DVR everything but have noticed end of some programs get cut off without ability to extend timer and the 28 day limit for saving.
Whats really sad PSVUE has better PQ than Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts