Dish Continues Crack Down On Satellite Piracy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK CONTINUES CRACK DOWN ON SATELLITE PIRACY NORTH CAROLINA MAN SERVING TIME FOR FRAUD

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., August 22, 2006 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today another successful conviction as the company continues to wok with law enforcement officials to bring to justice pirates of DISH Network’s satellite services and equipment.

Jackie Edward Taylor Jr., was charged and convicted in a North Carolina court of trafficking in unauthorized satellite access devices. Taylor is serving 15 months in prison and three years of probation and has been ordered to pay a large amount of restitution.

The conviction was the result of a joint investigation by Echostar’s Signal Integrity group and the United States Secret Service.

The company will continue to fight those who try to circumvent the security system by illegally intercepting and descrambling the satellite signal being provided to legitimate customers.

I heard that Charlie has been visiting the prison dealing out cartons of Cigarettes to see to it that this guys receives "additional punishment" on a weekly basis.

Dish is really getting serious about piracy.

My thoughts exactly - WTF should we spend taxes on SS when it serves rich and greedy corporations?

PS: if I think more about it, it does the same thing anyway by default... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)