Dish & Contract Disputes - Channel Blackouts

IMO, you are getting WAY to wound up about the 18 channels stat. Remember, nearly all those 18 happened in OTHER local markets. You just now, happen to to caught up in ONE of those disputes. The last Major across the board dispute was Fox News, about a year ago. Get that 18 thing out of your head!!!

Ah, now that is a horse of a different feather. Interesting! Thanks.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Ah, now that is a horse of a different feather. Interesting! Thanks.
Currently, I have two Tribune channels dark here...CBS and FOX. But I have OTA. I have no intention of dropping Dish because of it. And tomorrow I plan to "re-up" for another two years to go on the new Flex Pack. Just my perspective on the issue.

Currently, I have two Tribune channels dark here...CBS and FOX. But I have OTA. I have no intention of dropping Dish because of it. And tomorrow I plan to "re-up" for another two years to go on the new Flex Pack. Just my perspective on the issue.

Tell me, what advantages do you see in going with the Flex Pack?

Tell me, what advantages do you see in going with the Flex Pack?

I will not lose any channel of significance to us, PLUS we will gain TCM and BBCWN. Our only loss will be SiriusXM channels, but I will still have them in my car. There are definite alternatives, ie Pandora or Spotify. With the locals Pack on top, I will save $25 a month, and If I need more sports or news, I can add such pack for $10, then drop if I want with No cancellation charges. A no brainer for us.

And now, I am finally ready to make my decision. Thank you to every one of you that posted in this thread. You were of great benefit. Between your information and what I learned in spite of my inability to focus and understand, it all eventually made it's way through my disease, and I now have a clear path to getting rid of Charter, which has been nothing but a headache for the last 2 to 2 and a half months. I've made my choice between Dish or Directv! Again, thanks to all of you! Have a great day!

Reactions: charlesrshell
As I am thinking about this more, 18 disputes in 3 years is really a lot. Honestly, I don't know how that played out, but that is a very sizable number of channel black outs. ... $$$$$ Doesn't it bother people that they pay for what they aren't getting? It would me.
Yes, and me too, which is why I wouldn't go back to DISH, where I was a customer from 1996-2007. The hardware may be great. But what good is it if you can't watch the channels you want on it?

Was it the 72-hour rewind feature that swayed you?

Actually, No that wasn't the feature that did the convincing. My preference would have been Dish Network, but... those blackouts are not my style. I want what I pay for-for the most part. The 18 contractual disputes with blackouts is what did the convincing. The Hopper 3 is by far superior IMO, but I can live with out it.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
I've done this successfully before, and I'll do it again: I predict that the Tribune contract will get resolved (or the channels will be restored) by the end of next week, before NFL regular season games begin.
Once again, I told ya.

Reactions: bobvick
Where do you get that? What I've seen is that they reached a multi-year carriage agreement last October.
That Is what I know of, as well...saw it while I did some digging on the subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts