Dish CSR New install - Does this sound right?

the4lams

Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
I live in Baltimore and want the HD silver package w/ locals. The CSR said the obly dish i would need is the DISH 1000+. He said he would pick up 110, 119, 105, 121, 129, 61.5. Is this correct? I thought i would need 2 dishes since the 61.5 is so far across the sky?? Thanks for any and all help!!

Dish 1000 will not pick up 61.5. I used to live in Baltimore and had a SuperDish to get 110, 119, & 105 for locals. I had some neighbors that had a SuperDish and a 61.5 for foreign language programming. If you look at Dish's site, each channel will tell you which sat it's on, so you can tell which sats you'll need to "see".

Since Baltimore locals are now on 110, I believe the only dish you'd need for basic would be a Dish 500. Currently, HD channels are not available from Dish in Baltimore. The CSR might know where they'll be at such time they become available. I would think a Dish 1000 wouldn't hurt, just so you're ready, but you probably don't need it for your standard package.

Dish 1000 gets you 110, 119 and 129 ONLY.

I added a DP500 to to my DP1000 to pick up 61.5 on the wing as its signal is much stronger and more stable than 129. If had it to do over again I'd keep my DP500 and add another for 61.5 instead of having to buy another DP500 to get 61.5

Yeah, I remember reading many post about the 129 and those were from the west coast. Being on the east coast I thought the 61.5 (since it is the same as 129) would be the one to shoot for. I like the idea of having one dish, but not to sacrifice quality and rain fade, etc. How does one tell the customer service rep that you don't want what they are offering, you want something else? Thanks for all the replies.

the4lams said:
How does one tell the customer service rep that you don't want what they are offering, you want something else? Thanks for all the replies.

Well, I assume you are a prospective (new) customer to E*, if that assumption is correct, you could take different paths:

1) "If you want me as a customer, what I want, if you cannot provide me with that, I will not waste any more of our time."

2) Go through a retailer whom will dow hat you want and pay.

3) Take what they give you, and by the other dish and do it yourself.

...you get the idea...

If you are worried they may hold that statement from suggestion #1 against you, just use a phone booth, or something.

Talk with Claude at the dishstore.net

He's one of our very own and can get you what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)