DISH CSR's not informed

Zaxcom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I can see from the charts that my HD locals are moving to 61.5 from 118.7. In fact they are already up there on transponder 11s7.

Seems that many locals are being moved.

Called E* to find out about how they are going to deal with the extra dish I will need, and the CSR insists that Charlotte is on 118.7 not on 61.5 and is not moving. I tried to expalin that it is on 118.7 for now, but is well know that all that is changing. No luck he just kept insisting that no locals for Charlotte are or will be on 61.5.

Wonder who I have to reach out to to find out how they are going to deal with my needing two dishes.

CSR's are the worst people to talk to, at any company, for things that have not occurred. The information gleaned from this site, and others, should always be considered rumor until they actually release something. CSR's can't answer questions to things that are not in their computer system. Once a change is made and entered in the system then they will be able to tell you how it's all going to be handled.

csr's with any company will not disclose any information that has not yet been made public. not if they like their jobs anyways. i know when i worked at target, i knew what was going on sale prior to the release of the sunday ad. we were strictly forbidden from telling customers what would be on sale next week.

As to get to your Charlotte question...Charlotte is still on 118.7 and likely will be for quite some time. I believe all the locals you are seeing duplicated on (not moved to) 61.5 will be for the Eastern Arc MPEG4 service that will be out sometime later in the summer or fall. :up For more information on Eastern Arc, you might want to read this stickied thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/134778-what-eastern-arc.html

And as far as the CSR...I doubt any of them have a clue what the Eastern Arc is, and if they do, it's likely from reading this forum in their spare time...not from ole Chuck. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)