Dish Cust, Pricing out my options....

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Currently am bundled with Frontier Comm and have......

Gold250 Cinemax for .01
622, 612
Landline with all the bells and whistles
All for $69 with tax per month

I only have this through the end of the year, so I am looking at my options.....

******************STAY WITH DISH*************************

Bronze Plus $50/mo, HD $10/mo, DVR $12/mo ---->$72+tax

Classic 200 $58/mo, HD $10/mo, DVR $12/mo ------>$80/mo+tax

*********************GO WITH DIRECTtv********************

CHOICE $56/mo, DVR $6/mo, HD $10/mo, Lease Fee $10/mo ---->$82+tax $397 of receivers (2 HD/DVR and 1 STD DVR)

CHOICE HD/DVR $76/mo, Lease Fee $10/mo ----->$86/mo $298 of receivers (2 HD/DVR and 1 STD DVR)

I found it crazy that the packages with Direct are $4 difference and $101 dollar difference in receivers plus you get more channels on the higher package.

Now the big question...............WHAT TO DO!?!?!?!?!?!

I like the idea of getting MLB network with Direct and the direct HD/DVR package has more channels than the Silver200 for $6 more per month, but I have to fork out $298 for receivers. Once I jump, I won't be able to be a new customer with either company and Charter Cable sucks.............It almost feels that you are "pot committed" to DISH cause with any other company you have to buy the receivers.

What do you think?

pfan

Currently am bundled with Frontier Comm and have......

Gold250 Cinemax for .01
622, 612
Landline with all the bells and whistles
All for $69 with tax per month

I only have this through the end of the year, so I am looking at my options.....

******************STAY WITH DISH*************************

Bronze Plus $50/mo, HD $10/mo, DVR $12/mo ---->$72+tax

Classic 200 $58/mo, HD $10/mo, DVR $12/mo ------>$80/mo+tax

*********************GO WITH DIRECTtv********************

CHOICE $56/mo, DVR $6/mo, HD $10/mo, Lease Fee $10/mo ---->$82+tax $397 of receivers (2 HD/DVR and 1 STD DVR)

CHOICE HD/DVR $76/mo, Lease Fee $10/mo ----->$86/mo $298 of receivers (2 HD/DVR and 1 STD DVR)

I found it crazy that the packages with Direct are $4 difference and $101 dollar difference in receivers plus you get more channels on the higher package.

Now the big question...............WHAT TO DO!?!?!?!?!?!

I like the idea of getting MLB network with Direct and the direct HD/DVR package has more channels than the Silver200 for $6 more per month, but I have to fork out $298 for receivers. Once I jump, I won't be able to be a new customer with either company and Charter Cable sucks.............It almost feels that you are "pot committed" to DISH cause with any other company you have to buy the receivers.

What do you think?

pfan

Your not buying the receivers DirecTV charges an upfront lease fee(and 24 month commitment),when you leave DirecTV you have to return the DirecTV DVRs(receivers) and if you leave too early you have to pay the balance of the commitment.

You can purchase a DirecTV HDDVR(HR21PRO) from Solid Signal for $400.

DIRECTV HR21PRO 500 GB HD DVR PRO Receiver for Ka-Ku Band (HR21PRO) - DIRECTV - HR21PRO - 185463000337 - H21pro HR21pro 500 gb HR21 PRO HR21-PRO HR-21-PRO hr-21pro HR21PRO FO2800 FO2800DTV FO25

How weird is that minimal price difference with DirectTV??? Of course with this setup you would go for the higher priced one since it's only $4.......???

Is it worth while to jump ship to DirectTV?.................prolly not, but I thought it was interesting to look into it. It's weird with the equipment costs how you are committed to that carrier, since you would have to repurchase the equipment with the new company. How are these guys jumping back and forth between the two??? They must have just one basic receiver that's included in the start up so there wouldn't be much cost.

It is easy to make the switch if you don't have too many receivers as you note. As to cost, it depends on what the deal is at the time. They are always changing.

But in your situation, I think I'd stay with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)