Dish deactivates bad receiver before i can tranfer dvr

This is why you should ALWAYS disconnect coax and internet from a Hopper (or any receiver) before deactivating; so it never receives the disconnect hit. Not so you can hook it back up later and get free TV (although I know people who have done that), but so you don't screw yourself over before you can transfer your stuff.

What partysox said... and, you've had 38 posts total on this website. Not one of them has been about a positive experience. If i were you I'd go somewhere else....
Before the CUI. my experience with DISH was positive. I recommended Dish. i was what this site called a dish cheerleader.
If you bothered to read my posts i Did do a transfer from a hopper to hopper Before.
But, according to you... Its all good if the box i Pay a monthly fee for goes bad, loses recordings ive had for years... is My fault?
I explained how i tried transferring via ethernet. OH! and the email stating my hopper was deactivated My fault?

There is a reason i had No problems with Dish for 20 years. They cared about customer service and they listened. i Endured the Dishplayer 7100. How many here even know what that is?
I refuse to take crap from anyone that hasn't been with Dish since they had one Sat.(Dish One) up.
Been there done that.

My recordings are Gone. Gone. Ive-been with Dish since 1996. So all the idiots complaining about me..
F you.
Ha ha the CUI is Total Crap
First, quoting the post you're replying to isn't a bad thing.
Second, putting all your replies into 1 post is a pretty good thing too.

Sorry you lost all your recordings. As I Sit here watching Glary Utilities run a Chkdsk on my Computer's external 4Tb My book praying it saves the 400 Gb of Blu-ray quality movies, 200Gb of mp3's, including a 37Gb folder with everything domestic and foreign including liner notes and art that Pink Floyd ever released, all my documents and pictures and every important program, game and file download I have due to Defraggler causing an insane amount of bad sectors on the drive; in other words, advice I'll be taking myself now, if it really means that much to you, back up your back ups in the future

This is why you should ALWAYS disconnect coax and internet from a Hopper (or any receiver) before deactivating; so it never receives the disconnect hit. Not so you can hook it back up later and get free TV (although I know people who have done that), but so you don't screw yourself over before you can transfer your stuff.
Process is disconnect and remove old hopper, plug in new Hopper, go through downloads, activate, set up settings done. See that first step? Disconnect old Hopper? I suppose it could happen but why activate the new receiver before it asks you to activate it? If you're a tech, you deactivate old/activate new at the same time. If you're a do-it-yourselfer, you do the same thing when you call to have the new one activated

So I connect a USB cable and connect boxes...

For the record, I misread your statement too because of the proximity of "USB" and "connect the boxes".

Question for those who have done the Hopper swap before: Can you really disconnect the Hopper from satellite and still use an external disk?

... Question for those who have done the Hopper swap before: Can you really disconnect the Hopper from satellite and still use an external disk?

Yes you can, or at least you could the last time I checked. I don't think you can forever but at least for a while.

I've found that the ethernet transfer is very nice. It usually works without intervention and it even copies the PTAT shows that you recorded to the new Hopper.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)