Dish Dispute with KXVA & KIDY

olfenite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Not sure if there are more channels involved, but I'm watching Texas Rangers baseball on KXVA Fox Abilene (TX) and got a notice on ticker on there saying that the channels will be dropped on September 30 at 6 pm. Said to go to this website http://www.myfoxzone.com/category/305215/attention-dish-customers

So what's going on really? Am I actually going to be missing my Dallas Cowboys and playoff baseball? I'm not able to pick up my Fox channels OTA, I'm in contract with Dish at the moment. Not going to be a happy camper if that happens.

You might as well start getting used to it. Nearly all providers are playing hardball (no pun intended) with Station Owners and their ever sky rocketing retransmission fees, which the FCC is finally starting to take a close look at.

Not sure if there are more channels involved, but I'm watching Texas Rangers baseball on KXVA Fox Abilene (TX) and got a notice on ticker on there saying that the channels will be dropped on September 30 at 6 pm. Said to go to this website http://www.myfoxzone.com/category/305215/attention-dish-customers

So what's going on really? Am I actually going to be missing my Dallas Cowboys and playoff baseball? I'm not able to pick up my Fox channels OTA, I'm in contract with Dish at the moment. Not going to be a happy camper if that happens.

I am surprised you have never seen the many many threads of all kinds of local channels having a dispute from one time or another. Some end quickly, some never start, and some last a longer time. If you can not get OTA then you have no recourse if you are in contract, though you can get a credit off your bill for a few months.
The FCC is getting to address these kinds of situations but has not yet.

I guess if there is one bright side is that a lot of playoff baseball is going to be on fox sports one and tbs, at least the first series anyway, and the Cowboys will be on NbC and CBS on The first two Sundays after the contract ends.

I sure hope it gets resolved quickly though.

Kthv 11 in Arkansas is running a scrolling message saying we are losing them on the 30th. This is our CBS affiliate.

2 years ago we had back to back disputes in our market with dish. The blackouts for both totaled about 8 weeks.

There's a pending blackout for directv with 1 of the locals now in my market. Time will tell if anything happens.

There is always a dispute or negotiation going on somewhere just as it is always 5 o'clock somewhere.

None of these companies are hurting. Yet they like to publicly air their dirty laundry and blame the other side. Someday the bottom is gonna fall out of this cash cow they've been milking to death. When it does it will be too late.

Hindsight is always 20/20, these companies better open their eyes. The writing is on the wall & the future of their business model looks bleak.

C/P: Can't post link..private.

DISH is nearing the end of its contract with Tegna, the owner of KHOU, channel 11, the CBS affiliate in the Houston DMA. It’s unfortunate that Tegna has decided to involve our customers in contract negotiations by messaging about these negotiations through various media channels. Only Tegna can force a blackout of its channels. DISH is actively working to reach a deal before the contract expires. DISH has successfully negotiated agreements representing hundreds of stations in recent months that benefit all parties, including our viewers. We are unsure why Tegna has decided to involve customers in the contract negotiation process at a point when there is still time for the two parties to reach a mutually beneficial deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)