DISH & Distants

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
From tonight's chat:"We will offer some of the larger cities local channels in HD next year. We are evolving to MPEG 4 so it will take some time. The legislation does allow us to bring in a nation HD feed. You will only get an HD feed if your local broadcaster does not make an HD feed available."

Wait wait wait. Is he saying that, if you DON"T get a HD feed, you can get one from DISH? Even if you can get the SD?

It that what he is saying?

Yep there will be a seperate digital white area, just like analog white area.
But it hasn't been created yet.

If you live in an analog white area you're supossed to be able to get digitals now, so I dunno why they aren't doing that.

BFG said:
Yep there will be a seperate digital white area, just like analog white area.
But it hasn't been created yet.

If you live in an analog white area you're supossed to be able to get digitals now, so I dunno why they aren't doing that.

WOW! That's huge. I talked to one of our locals today, whose digital signal I can't get, and they told me two years before they power and offer HD.

Who can we write about speeding this along?

I forget the specifics but I think the top 100 markets have a certain date to power to digital, and then the rest have even more time than that, so you're stuck in a waiting game

BFG said:
I forget the specifics but I think the top 100 markets have a certain date to power to digital, and then the rest have even more time than that, so you're stuck in a waiting game

I'm sorry....I didn't phrase the question right. Who can we contact to get the digital/HD white area moved foward. I'm come closer to getting HD distants sooner than all the locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)