DISH Hacked - Websites are BACK ONLINE!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This guy not very tech savie and been on hold for hours each day trying to get it turned back on. Saturday he finally was given the option for a CALL BACK in 45 minutes, He told me today monday he is still waiting for that CALL. This is like CHARLIE to not pay up and put his own people on it trying to figure it out!!

Is there any DISH people on Here any longer? I have a disable friend that can get his TV back on THANKS to dish never send him a bill he doesnt know his account number. If so Please PM me and let me know what you need for me to get his Account Number, Thanks!!

PS I know Dish is suppose to send a paper bill but he has moved and Dish might not have his current mailing address .
The DISH people have been scarce here (and everywhere) since they haven't had access to computers and peoples accounts and due to the legalities involved can only really post what the legal department tells them they can post.

All DISH customers are being mailed paper bills so that they will have their account number. Hopefully his mail is forwarded from his old address. :D

REALLY DISH was not as worried about saving TREES than for keeping people seeing just how much they were spending on TV each month. Dish wants you on AUTO pay and this is ALL on Dish for people not having acount numbers. Maybe your acount number should be on the Reciever System info screen ?? Years after i Quit dish I had old customers calling cause my name and phone number was on the info screen.

Hey, hipkat, are you Greg?

I'm new on this forum obviously. I've read things in here periodically but never on a consistent basis and never felt the need to create an account. But after the outage and no forum access I needed a place to connect lol. Not that our own forum gets anything done anymore like it used to.
But after seeing the way you respond to things and seeing you're in Chicago i can only assume you're Greg.
Troy!!!! Yes, that's me. I won't say his name but the RAM was here last week. Your name came up, actually along with mine and why the portal will probably be the last thing restored lol

REALLY DISH was not as worried about saving TREES than for keeping people seeing just how much they were spending on TV each month. Dish wants you on AUTO pay and this is ALL on Dish for people not having acount numbers. Maybe your acount number should be on the Reciever System info screen ?? Years after i Quit dish I had old customers calling cause my name and phone number was on the info screen.

I have no stock in DISH and I have no illusions of DISH being some altruistic company. They are a business, in the tradition of most American businesses. However, your post is a little naive, if not pure silly.

It was never about saving "TREES". It just cost money to print and snail mail hard copy bills. Most companies offer an option to go paperless. That doesn't make DISH evil or greedy.

If a customer doesn't know how much a service is costing them monthly, then that's on them for their own ignorance. Anyone with any budgetary sense has a gander at their expenses periodically, if not monthly.

DISH provided everyone with an account number. I can understand if someone is irresponsible and doesn't keep up with it, but to blame DISH for not having it is ridiculous. And, now that people are in need of the account number, DISH is making the effort and going to the expense to get it to them.

I have no stock in DISH and I have no illusions of DISH being some altruistic company. They are a business, in the tradition of most American businesses. However, your post is a little naive, if not pure silly.

It was never about saving "TREES". It just cost money to print and snail mail hard copy bills. Most companies offer an option to go paperless. That doesn't make DISH evil or greedy.

If a customer doesn't know how much a service is costing them monthly, then that's on them for their own ignorance. Anyone with any budgetary sense has a gander at their expenses periodically, if not monthly.

DISH provided everyone with an account number. I can understand if someone is irresponsible and doesn't keep up with it, but to blame DISH for not having it is ridiculous. And, now that people are in need of the account number, DISH is making the effort and going to the expense to get it to them.
Might sound Silly rvvaquero have you worked for Charlie, I did for 10 years. Postage is just another thing Charlie can pass on like rate increases. If you dont dot an i or cross a t and get NO payment. I will say I NEVER missed getting my money but had to do everything right. Charlie knows set on autopay so out of sight, out of mind. DISH was sneaky they would have a box you HAD to check to keep getting a paper bill. I have a friend been without DISH for 2 weeks and NO paper bill YET.

I've been checking this thread daily for info/experiences by other Dish users.:)

I have received a paper bill, and an email on the procedure for remitting payment.

My question that I have (I haven't seen perusing this thread ) is. How is My "Preferred Customer Offer" handled now ? it does expires "SOON" (3-24-23);) I would assume that this would necessitate a phone call ? Not sure if anybody has experienced this yet.

The paper bill I received was about the amount I've been paying for the last 2 years. I was concerned like last time that my bill would go up $40/m. and didn't want to get another surprise :imshocked

Thanks......and everybody hang in there
Steve

Finally received an email bill from dish..Now I'm on the RV Pay as You Go account..I did not have autopay turned on and my service should have stopped on Feb27th...I wasn't going to use it for March so that's why it was off autopay...With Pay as You Go You simply don't pay the amount due and when you decide you want service again you just pay the amount that was due to turn the service on again...Dish is trying to charge me for service I didn't want for the month of March and April services..I owed $48.71 for service to turn back on in March but I'm being billed $134.80 for both months...This is going to be a real nightmare for a lot of people..They can't even get into billing at this time

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don’t know what’s going on with this thread anymore but thought I would say auto pay is working fine. They drafted my payment AND sent a hard copy of the bill that I received today.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don’t know what’s going on with this thread anymore but thought I would say auto pay is working fine. They drafted my payment AND sent a hard copy of the bill that I received today.
Yes Dish is making sure they are getting their money...That's been Top priority since the attack..If your not changing anything for the most part people wouldn't even know anything is going on..People are getting upset because they aren't getting what they are being charged for

You know, maybe Scott can make a sticky thread (that can't be replied to) for all the relevant info concerning this Dish down time. It's tough to find the relevant posts in this thread of 1000+ posts. Just a "current status" or "status of the day" thread.
The best way to do it would be to just have the updates in the first post of the thread with the most up to date information.