Dish drops KWQC

See ya dish .... signing up with Direct tomorrow after 7 years. I am tired of channels coming and going. This is the second local channel in the last 6 months to be pulled.

See ya dish .... signing up with Direct tomorrow after 7 years. I am tired of channels coming and going. This is the second local channel in the last 6 months to be pulled.

Have fun. It will happen there, too. Greed is getting out of control.

There are no negotiations if the same channels are carried on D* and Cable. The owners will simply insist on their price and if Dish won't pay it, Bye Bye.

Have fun. It will happen there, too. Greed is getting out of control.

Thanks ... I will! I will also enjoy my 24/7 RSN, my locals in HD, Fox News HD, and not watching many of my channels come and go!
Can't seem to remember any channels on D* that have been pulled with the slate screen talking about unfair stations. I lost WHBF 6 months ago and now KWQC. Adios Ergen!

Yeah well maybe this new guy will be do a better job on negotiations. But this always seems to be more of a issue with Local stations that anything else.. I think you should fight for the best deal instead of just taking their price or they want you to pay what Direct TV or Cable companies do. I think they should always fight for the best deal and not just pay what the other guys pay which in some cases cause your rates to go up. Or give them a excuse to raise them to begin with.. Overall I think the local stations should do a better job of working with the TV service providers which some do others make it more harder than what it should be..

Thanks ... I will! I will also enjoy my 24/7 RSN, my locals in HD, Fox News HD, and not watching many of my channels come and go!
Can't seem to remember any channels on D* that have been pulled with the slate screen talking about unfair stations. I lost WHBF 6 months ago and now KWQC. Adios Ergen!
I cannot argue with any of your arguments. If I were Young Broadcasting, I would no longer change Dish Network "best customer" pricing, and I would require 30-days along with a "certification fee" before re-establishing the uplinks. Karma would also suggest that Young demand a "DVR Fee" for each DVR device used to record their programming.:rolleyes:

I feel bad for Dish Network customers (been there, done that), but we've seen this happen time, after time, after time, after time.

BTW, enjoy your D* experience. They are providing much better value and quality these days for their top paying customers.