Dish DVR 510 Error 015 and 2

xavierarmadillo

Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hello. I have a Dish DVR 510 and a superdish on the roof. Had the setup for some 2 years. I keep getting code 015 and 2 all the time, searching for satellite signal. My other receiver doesn't do it, it is a regualr receiver that doesn't do DVR or HD or anything. Whats the fix for this?

I did a switch test and the results are as follows:

1: 119, All, Feed
2: 110, All, Dual
3: 121, All, Feed

Satellite 119 Transponder 08, signal 58
now the signal is 75 a minute later...

I chaged to transponder 11 and got a better signal, and went on the roof to check things out to find that there is a wasps nest in the thingy on the arm in front of the dish, I assume the little one is the bedroom TV and the big one is the Living room... THe big one is full of wasps. Once I kill them how can I get the nest out??

Yes, I have been having the same issue since June. I have been through 3 510's from Dish and they all start having the same error message within 24 hours. I have switched the 510 with other non 510 box's in my house to prove it was not my wiring, and the problem follows the 510. Now Dish is telling me it is a software problem and they are looking for a solution. I am on software P360.

They say it is affecting many people, and I have to live with it till they figure it out. But since I don't see anyone else posting this issue on the web, I now wonder just how big of an issue it is.

Since spraying Wasp spray on the dish and all the wasps falling out my signal has been much improved. My girlfriend says it hasn't had issues lately, she is the one who watches the TV so I only know if it works or not when she tells me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)