Dish DVR 522 Auto-tune mystery -- help

Jim Koenig

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
central minnesota
I have had a 522 DVR for four years. In all, I have had two replacements as two developed hard drive issues. Since the beginning I have used an auto-tune event timer (M-F) on TV2 as an alarm clock. My wife prefers ABC early morning programs so the TV wakes up to that channel (local channel 5 mapped from satellite channel 8570.) Here's the problem: since last summer the 522 refuses to auto-tune to channel 5. In fact, the channel it sets itself to varies but it will auto-tune to mostly 2, 4, or something else--never the programmed channel 5.

I am using TV2 set to dual mode. There are no over-lapping timers and I am not exceeding the number of timers limit. I have record plus "enabled" and TV1 is the record preference.

I called Dish but they had no clue except to try setting the event to satellite 8570 instead. I did so but it had the exact same result. Several months ago, the hard drive went out and they sent me a new unit and it acts exacly the same way.

Here's what's especially weird: this only happens in the early morning. I tried several tests to auto-tune to channel 5 later in the day (after I get home from work.) It always works exactly as programmed. It seems like it fails to get the channel right when it's the FIRST auto-tune event of the day.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)